Puzzles - verification of correct coordinates

I wish geocaching.com could incorporate a feature whereby you could verify that you have the final coordinates for a puzzle cache and you could download that waypoint as a child waypoint, much like you do for parking coordinates, etc. A lot of cachers utilize geochecker.com as a tool for the user to verify the final coordinates of caches they publish. I think it would be great if geocaching.com would incorporate something like geochecker.com as a standard feature for puzzle caches.

I wish geocaching.com could incorporate a feature whereby you could verify that you have the final coordinates for a puzzle cache and you could download that waypoint as a child waypoint, much like you do for parking coordinates, etc. A lot of cachers utilize geochecker.com as a tool for the user to verify the final coordinates of caches they publish. I think it would be great if geocaching.com would incorporate something like geochecker.com as a standard feature for puzzle caches.

you do realize that some CO's don't want to use a geochecker because they think the solution can be "brute forced", right?

Also many puzzles have the coordinates so obvious, that once you see them at all, they are correct!

I know one that is like that, but the checker gets them wrong for some reason.

If I use one, I like GeoCheck, since it shows solves and failed tries.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

It would probably be good if Groundspeak could provide a geochecker service; it would need to be optional of course (CO can disable) and captcha-protected, but I'd really like to be able to simply check a box on the cache listing to enable geochecking rather than have to go through the whole process of doing it via a third party.

I agree. Vote here please!
That suggestion seems to be more about displaying solved puzzle caches at the coordinates of the user's solution, as a planning aid for users trying to plan trips that include solved puzzle caches.

The suggestion for a solution checker is here:

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75775-geocaching-com/suggestions/1051091-coordinate-checker-for-mystery-unknown-caches

Also many puzzles have the coordinates so obvious, that once you see them at all, they are correct!

I know one that is like that, but the checker gets them wrong for some reason.

True. I know for many puzzles I have done you either get coordinates or you get gibberish.

Sometimes heading out the door with no idea if you coordinates are correct or not is part of the fun.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing an integrated solution for checkers on the site but the third parties are doing a fine job right now so I don't see it as a big priority.