cornwall caches

hey!

I am soon to be going down to cornwall for a much needed tenting session for the week. I am hoping to do some caching but looking at the ones available there are so so many, i wouldn't know where to begin! so....does anybody have any they think would be interesting for us to do??

Which bit of Cornwall? (It's a pretty big county, and can take a little longer than you might expect to get from A to B depending on where you are - part of the attraction for us.)

Have you thought about running a Pocket query they clicking the blue rosette to list them in favorites order, it's a good way to see which ones people think are good and then you can open the cache page and see the reasons people favorited them. Running the pocket query you can filter out anything you don't like first.

hey!

I am soon to be going down to cornwall for a much needed tenting session for the week. I am hoping to do some caching but looking at the ones available there are so so many, i wouldn't know where to begin! so....does anybody have any they think would be interesting for us to do??

There are many good trails plus numerous ones that can be linked into circular walks. We've only be caching for a couple of months in West Cornwall but can recommend trails around Loe Bar (nr Helston); Stompy and Stampy's trail around Barripper nr Camborne; and the one around Stithians Reservoir. There are many caches on the mining trails around Carn Brea (The Great Flat Lode etc) and the Portreath - Devoran tramway trail. The coastal paths are well populated and can make for some stunning walks; in fact you have a great variety of choice in a small area! Have fun Cornwall is a great place!

If you give a more specific location and how far you want to travel from that we might be able to pinpoint a few more decent locations! We haven't done that many of the caches here in Cornwall but we do know the county well.

Have fun! :)

There's a few nice ones at Pentire Head on the outskirts of Newquay. I've not done many but any of the ones up the North coast path are likely to have dramatic views.

If you can get up towards Padstow then the Finding Nemo series is challenging (and hence why I've not found them!) Finding Nemo

Wadebridge way - there's loads along the Camel Trail (great on bikes) and there's two nice series in some woods nearby. Woodland Caches

If you want to get away from the crowds, then Bodmin Moors worth a look, there's a range of caches to do, including my "Rocky Horror" series - but why not just search around Cornwalls Highpoint - Brown Willy... Cornwalls Highpoint cache

and you should be in the vicinity of Liskeard, you may like to try my "Just another Pointless Micro" series, which has gained some interesting logs... JAPM Series

and finally, I have a way out of date Bookmark list for visitors... Bookmark of Cornish Caches for visitors

Birdman is spot on - the ones around Pentire Point, Newquay are excellent - in fact all along the coastline of Cornwall are some excellent caches with stunning views.

The Camel Trail that runs from Bodmin to Wadebridge and onto Padstow is another good walk / bike ride - plenty of bike hire opportunities as well.

Give us an idea of where / what you want to see and we should be able to help more! It's all about folks coming to Cornwall and having a great holiday! We're proud of our county and love to show it off to our visitors. :)