Not To Sure

*bandit*

So I see that there are a ton of trackables that have specific missions. I live 45 minutes outside a major city and visit it frequently. I know of a cache I have logged that is a great trackable hotel. Do people often place trackables in caches they have already found? I think to me it almost sound like cheating but It may be in my own mind. Anything for the cause I guess.

So I see that there are a ton of trackables that have specific missions. I live 45 minutes outside a major city and visit it frequently. I know of a cache I have logged that is a great trackable hotel. Do people often place trackables in caches they have already found? I think to me it almost sound like cheating but It may be in my own mind. Anything for the cause I guess.

It's totally okay - a very common and accepted practice. The trick is to log the cache with a "Write Note" when you visit it multiple times, reserving the "Found It" for just the first time. You can still drop and retrieve bugs and coins with Notes.

The trackable owners will be psyched to have someone who actually cares enough to read the individual missions, so log away!

Thanks for placing this thread in the right place. I wasn't sure whether it was a trackable topic or general cache topic. Thanks for the advice from everyone. I feel better now. The cache I have in mind is loaded with muggles which will make it fun and challenging!

Edited by *bandit*

Thanks for placing this thread in the right place. I wasn't sure whether it was a trackable topic or general cache topic. Thanks for the advice from everyone. I feel better now. The cache I have in mind is loaded with muggles which will make it fun and challenging!

Oh heck. "Loaded with muggles" is not usually good news for a TB Hotel. :unsure:

MrsB

Oh heck. "Loaded with muggles" is not usually good news for a TB Hotel. :unsure:

MrsB

Exactly how big is this cache? It sounds like a building! (Or some very squashed muggles) :laughing:

True, having a TB hotel where a muggle could easily spot someone finding it and then later come back and find it is a bad place for putting TBs, really. I wouldn't put trackables in a cache I thought might get muggled (even if the alternative is to put them in one where they might have to wait a few weeks before the next cacher came along).

Just for kicks I checked out the information. The cache has been there since 2005. Although it does look as though TB's have been taken and not logged it doesn't look as though it was muggled much at all. Just a matter of opinion but with over 1k logged visits I feel it's pretty safe. We did have fun sneaking this one.