A "Wow" cache

I am currently doing a cache a day in august, even thought im already up to 22 days consecutive, not sure I can hold out the rest of the month given the current find saturation and my eagerness to get everything in the area.

Im off work for a week, and was wondering whether there were any "Wow" traditionals that were in Devon I could plan to go and get as a one off, or with the family...

The idea came from the recent post about waterfalls, and it got me thinking, i need something good, to really wow me, and make a 50-60 mile trip worthwhile for 1 geocache...meanwhile the family gets a day out :P

Any suggestions?

I'll put in a suggestion to consider while you wait for people who have done some caches in the area to recommend some.

How about hiring a boat and going along the river Bovey for SPLASH AND CACHE (Revisited No3)and http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC28REW depending on the age of the children, hire either individual kayaks or a shared Canadian canoe. The reason I chose this area is because there is the House of Marbles in Bovey Tracey to take the family to afterwards to reward with some fun toys and a look at the great steampunk marble run on the wall. :D

Im off work for a week, and was wondering whether there were any "Wow" traditionals that were in Devon I could plan to go and get as a one off, or with the family...

Any suggestions?

Take a look at http://www.amberel.com/topcache.htm . I'm from Surrey, but Dartmoor is my favourite place and lots of my top caches are from Devon (and from the West Country in general - Cornwall, Dorset, and from the Bath area).

Rgds, Andy

What a great site for anybody visiting the area and doing some caching. A real testament to what geocaching is all about and how good some caches can be. You ought to transpose it to some of the threads where people are justifying a micro in a layby or where they need help on setting their first cache. I appreciate that these types of places are not in everybodys local area but it will at least give them a benchmark to aspire to.

Be very careful about putting 1 cache into your GPS and going the distance, only to find it's been muggled or can't be found.

I was trying to beat my record of days with consecutive finds, and with some time off work to visit family in London followed by the Wales Mega, I come back to Plymouth and still have a handful of local caches left thanks to new ones being published. However, after a day of having other things to do other than caching, and a plan to get just the 1 to keep me going, it ended up as a DNF. I had a backup plan, but that also resulted in a DNF, so instead of 13 days of consecutive finds, and the potential for even more, it stays at 12.

The next chance I'll have at beating that record will probably be for the Cartmel Mega next year.