"Download to .LOC"

SkipperP

"Download to .LOC" appears on every cache narrative page. If the cache page happens to show a public BOOKMARK and you click that bookmark you see a list of several caches the bookmark owner has selected for his bookmark list. At the bottom of that BOOMARK LIST you also see a a button for "Download to .LOC".

However when I select that button nothing appears to happen. Nothing goes to my GPS and more importantly it does not ask me where do want to save the file.

What am I doing wrong? What is the link on the listing page for?

Thanks in advance for the help.

As a PM why are you using the download to .loc button? You should be using the Create PQ button so you get all the paperless data in a .gpx file. Assuming you have a paperless unit.

BTW in order for the button to work you need to check all the boxes next to the caches. If nothing is selected then there is nothing to download.

"Download to .LOC" appears on every cache narrative page. If the cache page happens to show a public BOOKMARK and you click that bookmark you see a list of several caches the bookmark owner has selected for his bookmark list. At the bottom of that BOOMARK LIST you also see a a button for "Download to .LOC".

However when I select that button nothing appears to happen. Nothing goes to my GPS and more importantly it does not ask me where do want to save the file.

What am I doing wrong? What is the link on the listing page for?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I haven't tried to confirm if it works for me, or not, but why it is there, for a Premium Member, is beyond me. That is one of many things that I really wish would be fixed on this site before adding new bells and whistles. The .GPX format is what almost all of us want these days. Why .LOC even still exists, I don't understand.

Thanks mpilchfamily. You solved it. Could not see the forest for the trees. (Check the boxes) Just another confirmation that its time for my kids to put me on the ice.

As to my reason. I'm doing a 700 mile road trip to the Groundspeak Block Party 8/20. As its over 500 miles I'm flagging D/T and MO/YY placed caches all along my route to fill grid squares and placing them in my BOOKMARK list. I'll then load the loc to GSAK and add some notes I want and print it hard copy.

My GPS of choice is a GPSMap60CSX - not great for paperless but the anntenna gets me very close to the container.

I guess I could have loaded the BOOKMARK to the GPS and then send them to GSAK -

Thanks again for the help.