Iphone bike mount

Geo Zippy

I have been Geocaching for some time now and am fortunate enough to live near the new forest so often combine Geocaching and mountain biking. This does mean that you often need to stop and start when you check your phone etc etc and I would like to get a mount for my bike handle bars so that I can cane it, and still track the target so to speak without stopping too often to check location etc etc.

Can anyone recommend a good one that suits at least the following criteria...

•  
  • Rain/Water proof
  • Maintains full button functionality (Touch screen and home and lock button)
  • Has a really solid mount that will with stand a reasonably bumpy journey

I'm keen to order one but would value a view from someone who has used one for a reasonable time and can therefore recommend one through personal experience - thanks

You would be better off getting a dedicated GPSr that can actually handle being on a bike mount. Even if you found a good solid mount that could hold the iPhone all the jarring around it will be doing could still break the iphone on the inside. Besides most mounts only hold the iPhone they don't have a good water resistant case. There are some good cases that will keep it dry and still allow full functionality in the of the phone but then can not be used in a mount.

I would invest in a good hand held GPSr. A Dakota 10 Hike and Bike pack would be a good choice since it comes with a bike mount.

You would be better off getting a dedicated GPSr that can actually handle being on a bike mount. Even if you found a good solid mount that could hold the iPhone all the jarring around it will be doing could still break the iphone on the inside. Besides most mounts only hold the iPhone they don't have a good water resistant case. There are some good cases that will keep it dry and still allow full functionality in the of the phone but then can not be used in a mount.

I would invest in a good hand held GPSr. A Dakota 10 Hike and Bike pack would be a good choice since it comes with a bike mount.

I just upgraded my iPhone to a 4S (it's restoring from a backup of my old phone as I type this). I haven't yet bought a case for it but I saw a couple of them worth considering. Otterbox makes some nice cases that look like they'd protect it really well if dropped and there was another cases that claims to be waterproof and shock proof and it looks pretty rugged.

Coincidentally, my wive just upgraded her old iPhone 3G to a Samsung Galaxy S2.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

I got a garmin that shuts off at the slightest vibration!