Good swag/Bad swag game

Fianccetto

I'd take the geode since we collect them. I like to leave my signature item which is my profile picture. It's made out of deer antler. I also leave very nice key chains and glass laser sculptures wrapped in tissue paper and in a baggie. I always try to pick up really nice items at garage sales, and I usually get them really cheap, but I make sure they are nice looking. I would also like to find the arrow heads. They are always neat to find.

I'd definitely be interested in Al's signature item.

What about pocket knives? ( Would the family friendly rule be an issue here?) I also have a pile a unused plastic rain ponchos still in original packaging that I got for free, would they be good to find? What about the chemical hand-warmers you find at the checkout line in Walmart?

Hhhhmmm, well that is what we are doing. We have made up baggies that are color coordinated with all sorts of toys including toddler sunglasses, dinosaurs, porcupine things, rubber duckies, etc. We put in a tag that says Amphibian Trackers and try to fill up whatever caches that are large enough to hold our swag. Now, to get some free time to get back out there.

I like the cooking instruction and music CD. I would trade for that.

I have an antique button collection. Would it be good swag, if I made up fair-sized bags of buttons and called them ~Button Caches~ and wrote up a little story about the buttons and why I am giving my great-grammas button collection away. There are some towns around here that are older and sort of sell into antiques and stuff. I was thinking the button caches would fit into the town. Is that dumb?

I have an antique button collection. Would it be good swag, if I made up fair-sized bags of buttons and called them ~Button Caches~ and wrote up a little story about the buttons and why I am giving my great-grammas button collection away. There are some towns around here that are older and sort of sell into antiques and stuff. I was thinking the button caches would fit into the town. Is that dumb?

I would love antique buttons! Especially with a story :)

What about handmade marble magnets? Like These

(Before you say ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!@2#! The swag game was closed/moved. I followed it here!)

Edited by .LMN.

I like the idea of putting in small strong spring-ed bag clips. Like the kind used for bags of potato chips, cereal bags, bags of flour or sugar, etc. I'd take one of those, never have enough of those and I'd probably leave a thick ziploc baggie of various sized safety pins for those, you know, seam emergencies.

I also like the idea of those vacuum packed wash clothes with kid focused characters on them and when they eventually get wet they open up to the size of a regular wash cloth. One of those can be placed in a cache too inside of a ziploc baggie.

Anyone ever tried making their own "wooden nickels" using an electric saw, wood burning kit and a 1" dowel rod?

I found a disposable breathalyzer in our cache today... It didn't state what it was I had to google it as it was written in French. It was sealed all brand new. I left it in there. I just found it an unusual bit of swag. Do you think I should label what it is?

Edited by repcosy

I found a disposable breathalyzer in our cache today... It didn't state what it was I had to google it as it was written in French. It was sealed all brand new. I left it in there. I just found it an unusual bit of swag. Do you think I should label what it is?

Wow, that's weird, maybe (about labeling it) but was this a stateside cache? If so our FDA has diff regs on stuff like that so perhaps it should be removed. IDK anyone else have an opinion on this?

Wow, that's weird, maybe (about labeling it) but was this a stateside cache? If so our FDA has diff regs on stuff like that so perhaps it should be removed. IDK anyone else have an opinion on this?

I told my partner when I got home and it turns out in France it's a legal requirement to carry them when driving.

I told my partner when I got home and it turns out in France it's a legal requirement to carry them when driving.

Perhaps the U.S.A. should adopt something similar in our laws, maybe people would use them before they drive after drinking and come to realize that what they think isn't "Under the Influence", more often than not actually is, and they'll call a cab. Then again, probably they wouldn't have sense enough to use it before they drive. :(