Good swag/Bad swag game

Fianccetto

What is a rosette?

I like to leave polished rocks. Shark teeth are great! So are geodes! I am new to caching, but yesterday I gained a new appreciation for those individually packaged insect repellent wipes.

How about those inexpensive plastic panchos? They may not be the most fun item, but I bet they'd come in handy at one point or another.

Is it okay to leave a business card?

(Separate question: I'm a premium member, but my group does not show that. Do I need to change a setting somewhere?)

What is a rosette?

I like to leave polished rocks. Shark teeth are great! So are geodes! I am new to caching, but yesterday I gained a new appreciation for those individually packaged insect repellent wipes.

How about those inexpensive plastic panchos? They may not be the most fun item, but I bet they'd come in handy at one point or another.

(Separate question: I'm a premium member, but my group does not show that. Do I need to change a setting somewhere?)

Log out of the forums and then log back in.

I'm not sure about the pack of lead...although it would be nice to have it handy when the pencil ran out.

I buy cards of Squinkies. Each care has 10 to 12 characters on it, each in it's own little capsule. The little characters are from the Disney movies such as Snow White, Cinderella, and Cars to name a few.

What is a rosette?

Log out of the forums and then log back in.

Thank you!

What about music CD's? I've seen both commercial and home burned (think mixed tape)

in caches.

Sharing music is a cool gift. Especially for those of us with 100's of older CD's

that we've added to our itunes and now have them collecting dust and taking up valuable space.

B.

Personally, I'm not a fan of proliferating micros, so I might trade it out. Cords to a large sized container hidden nearby as swag, now that sounds like a good idea!

I picked up a bunch of those magnets on collapsible wands, and some mirrors on the wands, at a dollar store and have been leaving them behind. A couple of folks seemed really excited by them.

We collect foreign coins, and often put small ones into caches. It was the size that put me off a little, but my husband and kids would want to trade for them. I would go for the crocheted flowers, myself. The wands with the mirrors and magnets are an ingenious idea, not seen anything like that! :)

I'd swap for...A colourful beany toy newt/dragon (in a ziplock bag) if it were a dry cache, or a book I've enjoyed if it were a bigger dry cache (in a sturdy zip up bag).

I've been putting $5.00 Starbucks cards in the local caches

(good caches that the placer put some work into and were

extra fun to find). I'm a firm believer in trading up

and this might be my sig item. Not a huge amount of cash

expended, but enough for someone to get a decent coffee at

the end of the day.

What do you guys think?

LOLCAT geocat sayz cheezeburgur! :lol:

Really, no.

I've found dead batteries going manky and rusty in a cache. I took them out and wiped the acid off everything (lucky I had some wipes). No I didn't trade for them, but might have left a fresh cache box or note pad.

I'd trade for the friendship bracelet.

A couple of well-wrapped AA batteries in a dry, high traffic cache.

An unactivated travel bug tag.

Oh, that's real treasure! Assuming it's still wrapped up, or has a label saying it is unactivated, it depends on whether we had anything of similar value to swap. Usually our higher value items are quite big and I have been in a position of having to leave things like that I wanted because we didn't have anything of the same value to swap. If I swapped for it I'd mail the person who left it to say thanks. When I've left unactivated coins in caches they have been taken & activated with no comment. <_<

Let's say there's room for a decent, new head torch in exchange.

Edited by Fianccetto

I really like the unactivated travel tag... fun! Like (love?!) the Sbux card. We'd take the cell-phone, actually - probably the only ones! My daughter has a ministry collecting old cell phones to translate bibles for Africa. There are actually precious medals in cell phones (gold, silver).

We'd leave a sliced agate we bought today at an estate sale.

How about a new class for high-end caches/cachers? (Say worth $1-$5 or higher). I

thought the Premium caches would be like that but the ones around here are pretty desolate.

I'm honestly getting to the point of not bothering to carry trade items. There just isn't any point.

Today's choice was a moldy Pokemon card, a well used army man, or some rusting buttons. Yes, There is

more to this hobby than trading, but to eliminate it would take away a very fun aspect of this pursuit.

I know some people find the $30 premium fee too elite-est, but I don't think it's elite enough :P

I really like the unactivated travel tag... fun! Like (love?!) the Sbux card. We'd take the cell-phone, actually - probably the only ones! My daughter has a ministry collecting old cell phones to translate bibles for Africa. There are actually precious medals in cell phones (gold, silver).

We'd leave a sliced agate we bought today at an estate sale.

We never know the value of the rock swag so usually don't trade for them.

Leaving a new softball that the city league passes out at registration.

Just wanted to correct something I said earlier... I don't mean to place value based on an items

cost, but rather on it's "cool factor." I wouldn't care what a funky rock cost, but rather whether

I found it interesting. Having said that, who would find a moldy bent Pokemon card worth taking?

A nice one in plastic bag sure.

B.

A new softball would be awesome... I think new stuff is awesome.

Where alot of the caches seem to be getting junky is all the really used up stuff... dolls with matted hair, assembled and incomplete Kinder toys... gah!

Some great ideas here!

I know some peple hate the McToys, but what about if they aren't opened and are still in new condition?

What about Kinder Toys that are still in the orange egg and unassembled?

Or those collector spoons?

Good link http://drmomentum.com/aces/archives/001997.html

Edited by Jensen&Ella

How about a new class for high-end caches/cachers? (Say worth $1-$5 or higher). I

thought the Premium caches would be like that but the ones around here are pretty desolate.

I'm honestly getting to the point of not bothering to carry trade items. There just isn't any point.

Today's choice was a moldy Pokemon card, a well used army man, or some rusting buttons. Yes, There is

more to this hobby than trading, but to eliminate it would take away a very fun aspect of this pursuit.

I know some people find the $30 premium fee too elite-est, but I don't think it's elite enough :P

That would be really fun! That would bring the treasure part back to the game. I don't like trash and my daughter has brought back plenty of swag that looks like trash to me and that in a few months is just going to be a bunch of trash to her as well. Then what do we do with it all?

Personally I wouldn't be too keen to be be eyeball to eye socket with a skull when I opened a cache, but after the initial mild shock, might well be very interested if it were very clean and not too damaged, and so would the rest of the family.

Complete Kinder toys are also great to us - we have quite a few saved up, must remember to put some in the geobag.

So...I've just started to make padded (insulated) patchwork cup holders for the coffee that comes in plastic cups from drinks machines. Any use to anyone else? (In a zip lock bag, of course, with a card saying what it is. Maybe a pocket for a teabag...)