Weird findings in the woods

The_Coyote

Not twenty feet from a pretty stream cache in a public park in Catoosa, OK, my boyfriend and I notice a REALLY nice climbing harness just lying in some leaves. It takes us a few curious moments to look up, but when we do, a brand new tree stand is up the tree. We hang up the harness again, since it looks like it fell off the stand - but we're still curious as to the trust someone must have to leave that amount of equipment - nice stuff, too! - in a PUBLIC park!

Was searching for a cache in North Wales earlier this week (HMS Conway, GC1VD9M).

The cache is in the middle of a wood, not far from a public park, but you have to climb over a wire fence and walk through a pathless bit of woodland for several minutes to access it.

As I approached GZ, I surprised a man who appeared to be lying in the middle of the woods on a towel, almost as if he was sunbathing. He was apparently fully clothed and alone... though I expect he could have been waiting for someone?

A brief and confused conversation ensued. He told me that this was a spot he used to come to as a child, and that he had never seen anyone else there. I explained briefly about Geocaching. I don't know who was more surprised (or more disbelieving!)

The worst part was that according to my iPhone, he was lying right on top of where the cache was meant to be! I didn't ask him to move, just left swiftly.

Certainly my most unexpected finding to date!

We where out on an emergency management survey assignment along the river one day preparing for a national canoe race. We decided while we where out and about that we would take a stab at a 5/5 geocache located along the river since we where in the area. Picking our way along the river we discovered a compound with a lot of strange holes dug into the ground, strange square boxes built up out of various tree branches, a large catapult built out of some pine trees, and lots of other strange things hanging from trees. We marked the location in the GPS and looked it up later in the county database, and the strangest part, turns out it was a church's property.

Tonight while out looking for a cache near a public gazebo, a friend and I were looking through the bushes when we discovered 2 empty vodka bottles propped up on a rusted knife that was pointed tip up. So being concerned we called the police to report it. When they arrived, they picked up the bottles and knife, and said that they thought it was the knife they had been looking for. So now we are waiting to see if our find could have solved a crime! Of course we were too freaked out after that to find the cache lol.

I was in Curacao and doing some caching. If you check out GC24E99 , cachers found a dead body near the cache. Look at the remarks around April 2011. Comments range from drunks, naked men and a dead body !!!!! I was there but saw none of this but I was pretty excited that this was a very odd cache and that something MAY happen. I dropped a TB and saw a huge hermit crab. Good times !!!

Edited by BigfootMafia

Not twenty feet from a pretty stream cache in a public park in Catoosa, OK, my boyfriend and I notice a REALLY nice climbing harness just lying in some leaves. It takes us a few curious moments to look up, but when we do, a brand new tree stand is up the tree. We hang up the harness again, since it looks like it fell off the stand - but we're still curious as to the trust someone must have to leave that amount of equipment - nice stuff, too! - in a PUBLIC park!

Wow i can't believe iy thats cool!!!?