Cachsense new version

RubyandCo

... have emailed creator re this - Bruce Rees noramlly answers pretty quick but thought I'd try here too....

When the connection to Groundspeak is enabled when I view a single Cache entry when I come out of it there is a duplicate entry in the list.

It doesn't appear to do this when Groundspeak connection is off - just wondering if it's for some reason downloading a duplicate , however I can't see immediately why - anyone else getting this ...

Am using a Curve running I think OS 4.6

... have emailed creator re this - Bruce Rees noramlly answers pretty quick but thought I'd try here too....

When the connection to Groundspeak is enabled when I view a single Cache entry when I come out of it there is a duplicate entry in the list.

It doesn't appear to do this when Groundspeak connection is off - just wondering if it's for some reason downloading a duplicate , however I can't see immediately why - anyone else getting this ...

Am using a Curve running I think OS 4.6

Are you loading PQ through GSAK or some other waypoint management software? It is possible that GSAK is changing the cache identifier so it shows as two seperate caches. For instance if you are stripping the GC off the GUID then you would have a waypoint with GC30 and 30 as two seperate caches while they are really the same cache.

I don't know if this is your issue, just a thought.

I've been using the latest version 4.0.11 since it's release on my Storm2 and am not seeing this behavior. Are you using this version?

Put up a post on the CS Forums and see what Bruce has to say.

Had this reply from developer

There is a display bug when the main the list is sorted it sometimes shows duplicates, these will disappear if you do a refresh "statistics only", this will be fixed in the next update.

Cheers,

Bruce

This fixes it ok on my one - I've worked out what it does when you click on a cache is checks for updates / new logs etc in real time after you've downloaded the cache or PQ - obviously the refreshed cache should delete the old one but as I have said using the statistics refresh solves it.

I'm using OS 4.6 on a Curve - it may just be a oddity with mine but Bruce is aware of it.

The other thing you can do now is - assuming you have a strong enough signal - is to do a search in the field by checking the "search geocaching" option" in the search function using nearest cache using GPS and do it that way - handy if you just end up some where and you want to see what's around

I had the older version and think it's an amazing app and has i find it so good to use - now it's connected to "live" at any time you can refresh a cache in the field and log online - the Radar function is still the most useful tool on it - not bad for $ 10 !!