iPhone 4 case + GPS reception

The only water proof case I have seen looked like a bag. It was designed to take to the beach or a pool and you could even use the touch screen though the see through bag. Im not sure who made it but it seemed like a gimmick to me.

As far as a tough case designed to take falls, I used the Otter Box on my old iPhone 3GS. It was super tough to the point you could throw it against a wall and not break the phone (don't really try this.)

We have Kwik Tek Dry paks for our phones when we go kayaking. However, we've never tried to find geocaches with the phones in the bag. The bags are neat - you can use the phone (touchscreen works) and make calls while the phone is inside the bag. This bag is waterproof and you can dunk it under water. You can find these at Amazon.

We just don't use our phones to geocache with in the rain/wet. We put our phones away and use our handheld GPS.

The phones cost $700 to replace. The handheld GPS is only half that....I would rather ruin a handheld GPS than the phone.

Edited by Lieblweb