Mass GPX File import - possible?

Good Afternoon all,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Up until recently i was using my iPhone 4 with the Geocaching app for Geocaching however as the app was prone to crashing, the aGPS on the iPhone being flaky and as i kept on maxing out my data allowance i have invested in Garmin Dakota 20. One thing i can’t get my head round is how to import more than one GPX file from geocahing.com as what i would like to be able to do is search on an area, remove caches i have already found then import the GPX files for the remaining in one batch. Is this possible?

Thanks guys. :D

You need to create a pocket query (PQ) and copy the files directly into the Dakota. Go here to my resource site. The link to 'Show me how to do paperless caching with a Garmin GPS, TomTom or PC" will explain exactly how to do it. The rest of the page is all about paperless caching.

Edited to add when the caches appear on the Dakota the ones you've found will appear but in a separate menu (Found). Useful in case you want to go to one to drop off a trackable!

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Edited by Graculus

Edited to add when the caches appear on the Dakota the ones you've found will appear but in a separate menu (Found). Useful in case you want to go to one to drop off a trackable!

Why keep 'Found' caches on your GPS?

For every cache you find, it's one less 'unfound' you can have on the unit... :blink:

OK. If you add 'Found' caches as POI's it's a different matter.

Why keep 'Found' caches on your GPS?

For every cache you find, it's one less 'unfound' you can have on the unit... :blink:

OK. If you add 'Found' caches as POI's it's a different matter.

My Oregon stores 5000 caches so plenty of room :D I find it useful knowing where caches are that I've found. You can always filter them out in the PQ if you don't want them.

Chris

Graculus

You need to create a pocket query (PQ) and copy the files directly into the Dakota. Go here to my resource site. The link to 'Show me how to do paperless caching with a Garmin GPS, TomTom or PC" will explain exactly how to do it. The rest of the page is all about paperless caching.

Chris

Graculus

Thanks Chris, very much appreciated :)