How to post photo on forum

sawatdee

Perhaps someone can help me. I have read threads telling how to upload a photo. It sounds like no big deal. Getting frustrated because I just wanted to post a quick photo and it's taking me forever since nothing is working. I'm used to uploading from my PC, but I understand that I have to use my Picasa for this since it says to use an online site. Is Picasa one that wont' work, because I get an error message saying that I cannot use that extension. Any ideas? And thanks.

Hint: Create an never-to-be published geocache. That web page is yours to load onto, then transfer to forums, whenever.

Edit to add: If it is a geocaching photo and you have posted it on any cache or traveler page, it will already exist in your personal Gallery. You can always post in forums from there.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

No, still lost. Tried it using Flickr. I am getting a message saying can't use that extension. Am I just copying the Http page, shouldn't it be an easy cut and paste?

I am trying to post a pic of a geocoin. I don't know where you want me to post a never to be published geocache?? On what page, where on geocaching.com? I am not getting it. Is everyone saying that Picasa doesn't work? I am obviously doing something important wrong.

Edited by sawatdee

I am trying to post a pic of a geocoin. I don't know where you want me to post a never to be published geocache?? On what page, where on geocaching.com? I am not getting it. Is everyone saying that Picasa doesn't work?

Try flickr or Photobucket, I don't think picasa works.

Or create a new geocache listing (making sure it isn't "active") and upload pictures to there. I upload my pictures to an old archived cache of mine that not many people found.

Does this help?

Here's a photo from Picasa:

IMG_20101018_124604.jpg

Be sure to use the URL of the image itself, and not the URL of the page that displays the image.

For example, here is the URL of the image:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-YGEClnK5JoY/TLyo_NCLvEI/AAAAAAAACEA/YAB36J7xfMQ/s640/IMG_20101018_124604.jpg

And here is the URL of the page that displays the image:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_KcicNN3xdKNdz0ZrcUt6g?feat=directlink

Here's a photo from Picasa:

IMG_20101018_124604.jpg

Be sure to use the URL of the image itself, and not the URL of the page that displays the image.

For example, here is the URL of the image:

https://lh4.googleus...1018_124604.jpg

And here is the URL of the page that displays the image:

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

That's a better answer...

Edited by Mr. Wilson & a Mt. Goat

Hint: Create an never-to-be published geocache. That web page is yours to load onto, then transfer to forums, whenever.

Or create a new geocache listing (making sure it isn't "active") and upload pictures to there. I upload my pictures to an old archived cache of mine that not many people found.

Does this help?

this is a geocaching website not a photo hosting website, there's plenty free of the latter, photobucket, imageshack, which also offer huge amounts of storage

if everyone did that, to create a cache for hosting pictures,it will not be long before we won't be allowed to upload photos to the caches

Edited by t4e

Does this help?

this is a geocaching website not a photo hosting website, there's plenty free of the latter, photobucket, imageshack, which also offer huge amounts of storage

if everyone did that, to create a cache for hosting pictures,it will not be long before we won't be allowed to upload photos to the caches

Wasn't there a discussion on that as well?

Ok, I used Picasa, as I started out doing. Thanks for the directions. I would not have figured that out myself, well, not quickly. I selected the "embed image" otherwise it still gave the url of the page, not the image. Whew. I'm exhausted. THANK YOU SO MUCH, esp Mr Wilson & Mt Goat!!

PS my pictures are posted in the "what did you get in the mail" thread. Now I just need to retake them and get better pictures.