iPhone v4.5.2 Release Notes

A new update to the Geocaching for iPhone Application is now available in the iTunes Store.

Previous version release notes

Updates include:

• Fixed date/time bug which caused some logs to be posted “tomorrow”
  • Fixed bug with advanced search returning micro caches when small was requested
  • Fixed bug where User Notes would display both mobile and web created notes instead of the most recent

We have also scheduled a follow-up release for late next week. Many thanks to all geocachers who have provided feedback on User Voice. Happy Geocaching!

Just downloaded the update and very impressed with the personal notes fix. Which makes me wonder, then, should it be renamed "Personal Notes" on the iPhone since it syncs with that section on the geocache pages? Or should the spot on the HTML page be renamed "Notepad" to mesh? Just a thought.

It's 6pm and there's still sun up, time to grab a cache! B)

How do you get rid of that splash page when looking at new caches from an email link. No matter how many times I select the always use option the splash still pops up. Any ideas?

This function has never worked on my iPhone4.

There are three things I noticed in this and the last version (german).

1. If I return from the description of a cache back to the map of the saved PQ I often get shown a black map without any cache and background (Google Maps).

But I was not able to find any reproduceable reason for this behaviour. Sometimes it works fine sometimes not.

2. If I return from the map of a saved PQ back to the list of the caches I most times get the message "Loading Geocaches" but nothing else happens.

But I was not able to find any reproduceable reason for this behaviour. Sometimes it works fine sometimes not.

3. It makes no sense that I have to enter the tracking code of the TB when I want to post a note for it.

Edited by Revi.

Moun10Bike, I just downloaded and installed v.4.5.2 (the "next release"). Where is the "visited" option for trackables promised in the feedback forum?

My post was made just after we released 4.5.2. The visited option will be available in the next release. At that time, the status of the feedback thread will be changed to "completed."

I would really like for the caches on my Ignore List to not show up in my searches. It functioned this way for a long time, why the change?

Also, when I am done looking at a cache listing and go back to the map, or when I am loading more caches into my map, I really wish the map didn't autozoom all the way back out to show all the caches.

... Also, when I am done looking at a cache listing and go back to the map, or when I am loading more caches into my map, I really wish the map didn't autozoom all the way back out to show all the caches.

Yes, that's definitely annoying!