going on a cruise...would like to find a geocache

bonblu

going on a cruise to cozumel next week, and on our day in port, I thought it would cool to find just one geocache. (It would be my first outside of the USA!)When I do a search on Mexico, Cozumel is not a secondary choice. Does that mean there are none there?

Thanks,

Beth

going on a cruise to cozumel next week, and on our day in port, I thought it would cool to find just one geocache. (It would be my first outside of the USA!)When I do a search on Mexico, Cozumel is not a secondary choice. Does that mean there are none there?

Thanks,

Beth

Hi Beth -

No, it just means that the system doesn't have that partition defined. There are a handful of caches in Cozumel - try this link and see if it works for you:

http://www.geocaching.com/map/beta/default.aspx?lat=20.50833&lng=-86.95075

The Cozumel caches are primarily in restaurant/bars along the road running along the harbor.

If you cross the bay to Play del Carmen, there is a Virtual at the dock. And it is a 2 hour bus ride to the virutal at Tolum. Try to get to Tolum anyway, it is an ancient Mayan temple complex. Really cool.

Which cruise line are you on?

What other ports are you going to?