Cointest(s): 2011 Pro Football Survival Leagues

rickctroop13

Was so exiting last 2 seasons, started them up for this year! Sent out the invites to last year's players. For anyone else who wants to give it a shot, I created 3 'for fun' Yahoo Survival pick em leagues. All are welcome, no stakes to play. I'll send a coin of my choosing from what happens to be in my collection at end of season to winner.

I'm playing (GoGints), so in case by some miracle I win any of the survivals, coin will go to 2nd place.

'The original' GCCoinSurvivors is a three strike league (3 wrong picks before you're out). Also set up a 2 strike and a 'one and done' leagues... different Group ID's, same password, same prize structure.

One entry per cacher, per league, please!

Also (not a requirement,but...) to make it easier on me if I need to contact you please either here on forums or via PM if you're too shy, match up your GC name with your pickset. Tough to find out who 'Cowboysrot4ever' is especially if email hidden in group.

GCCoinSurvivors (3 strike league)

Yahoo Group ID# 7148

Password heavymetal

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/7148

GCCoiners (2 strike league)

Yahoo Group ID# 7144

Password heavymetal

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/7144

GCCoiners1Strike (one and done)

Yahoo Group ID# 7146

Password heavymetal

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/7146/1

Will try to keep all 3 leagues on this single thread, with more or less weekly updates.

Good Luck & have fun!

Rick

Pre-emptive strikes-

Cointest involves joining one (or more) of the Yahoo leagues at above links.

The league is a contest where you pick the winner of one of the weekly NFL (American professional football) games. You pick a team each week for as long as you pick winners. Complete rules are on the Yahoo Survival Football site. Winner is player who gets furthest in season without 3 (or 2 or 1 depending on league) wrong picks.

NOTE ON SETTINGS FOR GETTING PICKS IN- FOR THE 2 & 3 STRIKE LEAGUES PICKS CLOSE 5 MINUTES BEFORE THE FIRST GAME OF THE WEEK (GOTTA WATCH OUT FOR THOSE THURSDAY & SATURDAY GAMES!).

1 STRIKE LEAGUE PICKS IN BY 1:00PM SUNDAY. (A LITTLE MERCY IF YOU FORGET BY 1ST GAME!)

In case final 2 or more players get eliminated same week, I will reset the league. All will be able to continue, but only those final players will be eligible to win.

Leagues run through playoffs. If after all is said & done there is still a tie tiebreaker will be picking winner of, and closest to point total of Super Bowl.

Getting close to kickoff,Time to get those picks in soon. 1st game is Thursday 9/8!

When resetting the knock out leagues, I accidentally set up a full pick 'em league.

Debated whether to put it out there, but what the hey! I guess I can scrape up another prize coin.

This one's a bit more involved, you'll pick every game each week- WITH POINT SPREADS TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION. (If you pick winner but they don't win by more than the assigned number of points, you lose!). Good part is no eliminations, everybody is (theoretically) in it 'til the end. Full rules and scoring details are on the league site.

Geocoin pickers(mistakenly called) one & done

Group ID#: 17195

Group Password heavymetal

Point spreads aren't up yet, but you'll have until 5 minutes before start of EACH game to get that pick in.(set that istead of before 1st game of week so you're not totally beat if you forget the Thursday, Friday, or Saturday games.

Edited by rickctroop13

C/P of settings page:

Group Settings

Setting Current Value

Confidence Points No

Spread Yes

Tiebreakers Yes

Start Week 1

Drop Scores No, use all weeks

Deadline 5 minutes before each game

Playoffs Yes

emailing farrtom to see if he had to do anything different...

edit #1-I tried, just got back message that I'm already in group...

edit #2-tried again with alternate yahell profile, had no problem... maybe it was a last night yahell problem?

Edited by rickctroop13

C/P of settings page:

Group Settings

Setting Current Value

Confidence Points No

Spread Yes

Tiebreakers Yes

Start Week 1

Drop Scores No, use all weeks

Deadline 5 minutes before each game

Playoffs Yes

emailing farrtom to see if he had to do anything different...

edit #1-I tried, just got back message that I'm already in group...

edit #2-tried again with alternate yahell profile, had no problem... maybe it was a last night yahell problem?

Just tried again and same error message. I'll keep trying.

I was able to get into the new 17195 league, but I am getting an error message for each of the first three leagues. Is there a leading zero on the league numbers or a missing digit?

You should be able to click on the links in the first post and they'll take you to the sign up page for each league.

I know what the problem was. I was trying to sign up through the Survival Football page when we're supposed to sign up through the Pick Em Football page, which is here:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

I was able to sign up and those who've been having problems, go through the page I linked above.

Sorry, my bad on that one- shoulda put the link in. Opened it up spur of the moment. Glad to see you guys making it in now! Thanks for straightening it out, Maui!

Bringing back towards the top...

Won't give a full rundown yet, too early in season & too busy.... but for 1 strike league looked for a bit like it might be late, even done season... until San Diego & Arizona squeaked out and Patsies took control. The Chiefs, however played their final exhibition game and sank 1/3 of the group!

In again.I'm debating if I'm spotting a strike like I did last year or not.

:)

I can understand the handicapping in the 2 or 3 strike leagues, but in the 1 strike? :blink::rolleyes::o

4 weeks in and 1/2 the field is out, and there must have been some sweating going on for some of the survivors in a few of the weeks....

2-strike a bit more forgiving, 5 unscathed with only 2 out...

3-strike, one down and 5 holding tight with 2 strikes...

What a Giantgantic week! NOT!!!!!

1-Strike, WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Congrats to SodaJack, the only one to not fall into the Jersey Swamp! He musta knew the fix was in.....SF by how many?????

Will reset the group tomorrow, so anyone who wants can continue...will, however, be a less exciting prize....

2-Strike, another GiAints beat down....Started the day with 13, Midgets took 6 out and 1st strike to 5 more!. 7 remain, all with 1 strike. Do I sense another quick ending?

3-Strike, OK, I won't beat a dead Giant horse.Suffice to say they hurt 2/3 of the league: took out 4, 2nd strike for 6,and 1st for 2. Also had one go down looking....

Drop your jocks and grab your socks! The biggest favorite of the day, the New York FOOTBALL Giants, just laid a big egg and wiped out 7 out of the 8 remaining players in the One-Strike! Good luck to Soda Jack's, who will win it all with a San Francisco 49ers win...in only Week 5!!! WOW!!!!

Awww, give Eli a break! I know Cruz stumbled, but he never tried to get second hand up (and it looked to me like he coulda). Thinking maybe he's gotten so much attention for the nice one handers he's been coming up with that he's maybe going for the highlight reel a bit too much....

Wow, guess all I can say is I'm glad I picked the Giants elsewhere so I was looking for a different match-up in the 1 Strike League. And that was a real tough break for the Giants, thought they were going to make it in and win, but I'll take it. Good Luck to those that will continue on in the reset and that are still alive in the other leagues.

Drop your jocks and grab your socks! The biggest favorite of the day, the New York FOOTBALL Giants, just laid a big egg and wiped out 7 out of the 8 remaining players in the One-Strike! Good luck to Soda Jack's, who will win it all with a San Francisco 49ers win...in only Week 5!!! WOW!!!!

Awww, give Eli a break! I know Cruz stumbled, but he never tried to get second hand up (and it looked to me like he coulda). Thinking maybe he's gotten so much attention for the nice one handers he's been coming up with that he's maybe going for the highlight reel a bit too much....

Way to go NFC East - Romo is off and can't blow another game, the Eagles are a nightmare not a dream and now the Giants are finding ways to lose.

3-Strike....

sssssssssssssssssssss......

Down to genghis518 and St_Moose, who each picked up 2nd strike with Philly.

If you guys could be so kind as to email (via profile) to use for a tiebreaker in case both strike out this week:

1st breaker- Team that will score MOST points

2nd breaker- Team that will score LEAST points

3rd- number of points scored by Green Bay (closest wins)

4th- number of points scored by San Francisco

Before Thursday night game

Thanks

So who won GCoiners1strike as it looks like 4-5 teams all picked a loser this week? all teams had a 4 week winning streak

It was a wild and wacky week in the world of the NFL, and three of the biggest favorites (Baltimore, Philadelphia and San Diego) got beat...and so those of remaining in the One Strike got the axe all at once!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank rickctroop13 for running the cointest again this year!

So who won GCoiners1strike as it looks like 4-5 teams all picked a loser this week? all teams had a 4 week winning streak

Actually was 8 teams blowed up. Will reset with all welcome to pick for fun, but only these 8 are playing for the win- last one standing of the 8 wins:

EAGLES

genghis518

kungfuhippie

Mauison 1

Mile High Madness

st_moose

StarWolf013

Yime

3-Strike....

sssssssssssssssssssss......

If you guys could be so kind as to email (via profile) to use for a tiebreaker in case both strike out this week:

3rd- number of points scored by Green Bay (closest wins)

4th- number of points scored by San Francisco

Before Thursday night game

Thanks

Looks like both have picks in, but haven't got the tiebreakers yet. St_Moose got an email from me, genghis518/Tim chose anonymity so hopefully he sees it here...

3-STRIKE

If you guys could be so kind as to email (via profile) to use for a tiebreaker in case both strike out this week (this week's games)

3rd- number of points scored by Dallas(closest wins)

4th- number of points scored by Detroit (closest wins))

Before 1st Thanksgiving game

Thanks

3-STRIKE

Still genghis518 and St_Moose clinging to life with 2 strikes!

Been busy and didn't have a chance to post 'breakers early, so will look for responses by 1st game on Sunday...

REGULAR GROUP PICKS STILL IN BEFORE THURSDAY GAME!

1st breaker- Team that will score MOST points ON SUNDAY

2nd breaker- Team that will score LEAST points ON SUNDAY

3rd- number of points scored by New Orleans(closest wins)

Thanks

Winner Winner! What did i win? :)

3-STRIKE

Still genghis518 and St_Moose clinging to life with 2 strikes!

Been busy and didn't have a chance to post 'breakers early, so will look for responses by 1st game on Sunday...

REGULAR GROUP PICKS STILL IN BEFORE THURSDAY GAME!

1st breaker- Team that will score MOST points ON SUNDAY

2nd breaker- Team that will score LEAST points ON SUNDAY

3rd- number of points scored by New Orleans(closest wins)

Thanks