Magellan Meridian Color

garcor

Meridian Color comes with Map Send Direct Route (USA) and windshield mount, I have used this for highway directions,GeoCaching,and Marine ( no Blue chart maps for marine just base map )

Geocache pocket queries waypoints can be downloaded but not descriptions.

In good working order for an older unit.

$100.00 Can + Shipping Firm. (PayPal accepted)

At the time I bought my 710 from Amazon I didn't realize that Magellan would have allowed me over $200.00 on their loyalty program if I had ordered from them.

Edited by garcor

garcor,

You might want to hang on to that Mericolor, cause they are hard to beat. I put mine one foot West of a MobileMapper, and a SporTrak one foot East of the MM. I had all of them set up displaying in Grid Feet in a E/W line, on the top of my wooden storage unit roof. When I came back about 30 min later, the Meridian was showing 1 ft West of the MM, and the SporTrak was showing 1 ft E of the MM.

It's the only Meridian that has an external antenna hook up, and I use both my home made (pole, Gilsson ant on a 7.5 in ground plane) and with an adapter, the pro antenna used with the MobileMapper and The ProMark 3.

More fun setting up the Secondary to display in inches, decimeters, or centimeters, and watch them settle so you can count on what the Primary reads.

When I had the unit set up to inches, in the User Grid, and made a waypoint at one of my backyard test points, then walked over to the other test point, 100 ft away, and made a waypoint, it read that it was 1204 inches from the first point. Not bad for an older unit.

garcor,

You might want to hang on to that Mericolor, cause they are hard to beat. I put mine one foot West of a MobileMapper, and a SporTrak one foot East of the MM. I had all of them set up displaying in Grid Feet in a E/W line, on the top of my wooden storage unit roof. When I came back about 30 min later, the Meridian was showing 1 ft West of the MM, and the SporTrak was showing 1 ft E of the MM.

It's the only Meridian that has an external antenna hook up, and I use both my home made (pole, Gilsson ant on a 7.5 in ground plane) and with an adapter, the pro antenna used with the MobileMapper and The ProMark 3.

More fun setting up the Secondary to display in inches, decimeters, or centimeters, and watch them settle so you can count on what the Primary reads.

When I had the unit set up to inches, in the User Grid, and made a waypoint at one of my backyard test points, then walked over to the other test point, 100 ft away, and made a waypoint, it read that it was 1204 inches from the first point. Not bad for an older unit.

Thanks Xyzee for the info You are right it isn't a bad unit for an older one. I did like it for it's accuracy. I just dont't like the fact that you can't down load the detailed cache information to it, only the Waypoints. however if I don't sell it I can still use it as a backup.

Gary

Edited by garcor