Need a little assistance from my local cachers...

CACHE KRAWLER

Hey all, I know that I could probably be asking this in a different section, but you all are the ones I know and trust.

This is most likely a rookie question, but here we go...I am going to be doing Route 3 of the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route here in a couple weeks with my father and am wondering how to go about transferring bulk waypoints into a GPX file so that I can upload them to my GPSr. The waypoints are mostly turn left or turn right waypoints at backroad intersections, but I have never done this before and am not sure where to start.

Can you guys give me a nudge in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all, I know that I could probably be asking this in a different section, but you all are the ones I know and trust.

This is most likely a rookie question, but here we go...I am going to be doing Route 3 of the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route here in a couple weeks with my father and am wondering how to go about transferring bulk waypoints into a GPX file so that I can upload them to my GPSr. The waypoints are mostly turn left or turn right waypoints at backroad intersections, but I have never done this before and am not sure where to start.

Can you guys give me a nudge in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

I think the best tool would be the Routes tool in Mapsource. You could also create new waypoints in GSAK and send them that way.

Using a mapping program is probably the best (mapsource is good if you have a Garmin).

One hint about setting route waypoints. Don't place them AT the intersection, place them a ways beyond the intersection. That way the GPS arrow will point which way to turn (not so needed when using autorouting if you have it, but very helpful with non-routeable maps). If you need to go backwards on the route also, place a waypoint on each side of the intersection, then you can just reverse the route. Watch the number of route waypoints your GPSr will hold per route, it may be that you need to have two routes, inbound and outbound.