Driving through North Dakota

Warturtle

On Friday, I'll be driving with my grandpa through Idaho and Montana. I live in Logan, UT and am on my way to Deer Park, MN. I would like to do some caches on the way. However, my grandpa is not a cacher and probably won't be willing to stop at every exit, since the ride is already going to be plenty long. What I'm here to ask is if there are any super cool, can't-miss caches right off the highway (no more than a block or two). I'll just be driving straight through on I-94.

On Friday, I'll be driving with my grandpa through Idaho and Montana. I live in Logan, UT and am on my way to Deer Park, MN. I would like to do some caches on the way. However, my grandpa is not a cacher and probably won't be willing to stop at every exit, since the ride is already going to be plenty long. What I'm here to ask is if there are any super cool, can't-miss caches right off the highway (no more than a block or two). I'll just be driving straight through on I-94.

There are a number of geocaches in rest areas along I-94. I'm not sure they would be considered "super cool" but they are there. Same with Montana.

Many of the caches that stand out in my head that I've done on 94 are close to the interstate but not a block or two. One that fits the bill is GCWVN6. It's at a big metal sculpture advertising the Enchanted Highway. Some that don't quite fit the bill and involve driving a mile or so off the interstate are GC551 (the oldest cache in ND) and GCG2B6 (at a former Native American village site). This one GC25JX4 was placed by a friend of mine, but is a little over a mile south of the highway, although it's on an F-4 Phantom. Finally, in Fargo, we have a TB hotel just off the interstate that is an interesting hide (IMHO), GCKH87.

A PQ along the interstate will turn up more hits along exits, and clusters in Dickinson, Bismarck, Jamestown, Valley City, and Fargo. Have a great trip!

Here are three that are right in rest areas, GC16Q3P TB hotel, GC29HKF, and this one is a TB hotel just into Minnesota GCP9QC, rest area and welcome center