Pocket Query Suggestion

TeamCNJC

How about an option for eBook output only? The LOC files aren't doing it for me - way too many files that need to be manipulated to change icons, compare to what I already have, etc. Personally, if I find one or two caches in the eBook, I can enter the information by hand, and very infrequently (twice a month at the most), I would actually use the LOC files that I'm getting.

-Craig/TeamCNJC

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took off through the thorns, chest high, ...

Just some food for thought...

I use the loc files to REPLACE the list of nearest unfound caches. Now on a weekly basis, I save off the current waypoints in my GPS, and with EasyGPS weed off all the caches, leaving a non-cache list (my house, my office, etc.).

Then I delete all the waypoints from my GPS.

Then I reload the non-cache waypoints, load the newest list of unfound nearby caches (and the current month's list of dashpoints), and I'm relatively sure the coordinates in my GPS are current.

If someone moves or archives a cache and I don't use this method - I've got outdated data.

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

Markwell,

That's what I do, once a month, maybe twice. I've got a query for "hot caches" that are close by and unfound, and it runs three times a week. I don't bother with the LOC files because I don't want the hassle, but I can easily enter one or two new caches in by hand. I'm just trying to cut down on the bandwidth and processor time, and if I can get the eBook only, I would prefer that for some of my queries.

-Craig/TeamCNJC

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took off through the thorns, chest high, ...