Interesting Logs in Cache

A cache that was a tape measure, with a sharpie pen nearby. You pull out the tape until you find an empty spot, and sign your name on it. The name was a play on "measuring up". (I got there too early to have a good showing.)

Another was a piece of underwear, yep, you sign the underwear. The name, naturally enough, was "Under Where?".

Was the underwear used? :huh:

What do you think?

It was in a muggle zone, so I never worked up the courage to go for it, and it's since been archived. Maybe some underwear fetishist took it...

Was this a log only cache?

BTW could you provide a link?

Wow - Sword Fern... thinking of doing this?

Very creative, though. LOVE the ideas. I'm putting a T-Shirt in mine with a sharpie and a "Special" box for FTF. It was my 14 y.o. daughter's idea :) FUN!

HH

What do you think?

It was in a muggle zone, so I never worked up the courage to go for it, and it's since been archived. Maybe some underwear fetishist took it...

Very creative, though. LOVE the ideas. I'm putting a T-Shirt in mine with a sharpie and a "Special" box for FTF. It was my 14 y.o. daughter's idea :) FUN!

HH

That does sound fun! I will run that one by my daughter and see how she likes it if it is OK with you and your daughter! If we do it I will give you credit for the Idea! B) I will also try to send you a link if we do it and it works out! If you are anywhere near my area we wont do it but I don't think you are. What about adding in a few different color sharpies so the cachers finding it can make the shirt pop!

-WarNinjas

What do you think?

HH

That does sound fun! I will run that one by my daughter and see how she likes it if it is OK with you and your daughter! If we do it I will give you credit for the Idea! B) I will also try to send you a link if we do it and it works out! If you are anywhere near my area we wont do it but I don't think you are. What about adding in a few different color sharpies so the cachers finding it can make the shirt pop!

-WarNinjas

Thanks! I'll let my girls know - they'll get a kick out of that. We already planned on red and black - but other colors will be fun, too! I'm putting them all in a baggie marked LOG and not telling anyone on the cache page :) I want it to be a surprize! We are between Tahoe and Sacramento in California - so probably okay on the locale :) ... much more "family friendly" than undies! Plus, when it is full - we have a one of a kind souvenir!

HH

What do you think?

HH

-WarNinjas

That sounds fun, especially if you could borrow it from the cache temporarily and wear it an event.

There was one around here (now archived) that was an arrow in the ground. The arrow was just sticking out of the ground as if someone had shot it and lost it.

If you pulled up on the nock,( the little plastic part that fits in the bow string.) it had a thin wooden dowel glued to it. The dowel fit inside the hollow (fiberglass I assume.) arrow. You just signed the dowel as the log.

The cache discription did say you needed to bring a sharp pointed marker pen to sign the log.

There was one around here (now archived) that was an arrow in the ground. The arrow was just sticking out of the ground as if someone had shot it and lost it.

If you pulled up on the nock,( the little plastic part that fits in the bow string.) it had a thin wooden dowel glued to it. The dowel fit inside the hollow (fiberglass I assume.) arrow. You just signed the dowel as the log.

The cache discription did say you needed to bring a sharp pointed marker pen to sign the log.

Wow - that is REALLY creative!!

...I'm putting a T-Shirt in mine with a sharpie and a "Special" box for FTF. It was my 14 y.o. daughter's idea :) FUN!

HH

-WarNinjas

That sounds fun, especially if you could borrow it from the cache temporarily and wear it an event.
Very cool idea! The question is, if you wore the shirt to an event, would you let people sign it there? Would they be able to claim a find on the cache if they signed the log? :ph34r:
...I'm putting a T-Shirt in mine with a sharpie and a "Special" box for FTF. It was my 14 y.o. daughter's idea :) FUN!

HH

-WarNinjas

Very cool idea! The question is, if you wore the shirt to an event, would you let people sign it there? Would they be able to claim a find on the cache if they signed the log? :ph34r:

:blink: that hurts my head to think about. I think perhaps NO unless you also made it a travel bug proxy. Then, they could claim the bug not the cache maybe?