Honesty of a Geocacher

Cissy PSP

I just had to report this. About a month ago, while geocaching out of town, somehow, I dropped my coin purse in some bushes. We were hunting for a cache.......which we never found lol. In my DNF post I happen to mention that I lost my coin purse containing $6-$7.

Lo and behold, I get an email last night from a new geocacher saying he found my coin purse and asked where to mail it!! I was in shock. The hoesty of this gentleman renewed my faith in people. I'm tellin' ya, the geocaching community can be very awesome!

Just wanted to share this wonderful news.

Back to regular programming :)

Cissy

San Jose CA.

At geowoodstock 9 my husband lost his wallet while walking along a trail. He had been wearing a kilt that day and the cachers who found it recognized from his drivers license that it was the guy in the kilt. I was waiting in the parking lot while he and some friends grabbed another cache and a lady walked up to me and asked if I had seen the kilted guy. I told her it was my husband and he was up the hill, and, after confirming that I knew the name on the Drivers License, she left his wallet with me and ran up the hill to log the other cache.

As Dean put it... we were 2000+ miles from home, in a state park in PA, surrounded by geocachers who tend to be some of the nicest people on earth. Best place to lose a wallet ever!

I think it was Karma for the GPSr we found near a cache and returned to it's owner the year before. Or at least, that helped.

Jen

Lo and behold, I get an email last night from a new geocacher saying he found my coin purse and asked where to mail it!! I was in shock. The hoesty of this gentleman renewed my faith in people. I'm tellin' ya, the geocaching community can be very awesome!

Very nice story! :)

... assuming that when you get the coin purse back there is still $6 - $7 in it. :anitongue:

I just had to report this. About a month ago, while geocaching out of town, somehow, I dropped my coin purse in some bushes. We were hunting for a cache.......which we never found lol. In my DNF post I happen to mention that I lost my coin purse containing $6-$7.

Back to regular programming :)

Cissy

San Jose CA.

Awesome! May I recommend that you give that honest sole the address of your favorite charity?

Not as an important an item such as a wallet or GPS, but I left my pen on the ground at a cache, and mentioned it in my online log. Next cacher had read the log, and put the pen in the cache. Next cacher after that pulled my pen out of the cache, and contacted me asking if I wanted my pen back LOL. Turns out we are signed up for the same event next week, so I'll get my pen back.

Just remembered I also lost my good sunglasses at a cave cache, and didn't realize until we got out and back to the car. The next cacher found them, saw my online log saying I had lost them there, contacted me and returned them at an event we were both attending a week or 2 later.

So about a year ago, while out caching I get a call from a phone a friend, "do you have your wallet?", well yes....oh wait a minute, no!

So he tells me that a fellow cacher has just found it at a cache I just did that morning, and here is his number. So I ring him and I meet up with him and his two boys at a cache, I get my wallet back, and we hook up for some team caching for the rest of the day.

Later on I hid a personal cache for his boys not far from their home, with a $50 FTF reward.

On a vacation this summer I was at a rest area in Chamberlain, South Dakota in July when I went off to find a cache (every rest area has one right?...I think it's now part of the TOS!), anyways it was getting dark and I was trying to find GZ in the woods, long story short I ran into a branch which sprung my eyeglasses off and shot them to the ground while being eaten alive by mosquitoes, I mean they were terrible. I'm in shorts and a t shirt being just devoured and sweating profusely. I was in a stream and the terrain was uneven and it was just too dark to see 5 feet in front of you. I normally wouldn't care about the glasses but they weren't cheap and had nifty detachable frames. So, I posted a note on the cache page GCE411 asking to be contacted if they were found. Unfortunately I was about 30m from the cache and obviously from reading the logs had taken the wrong path in to the cache site. So maybe if you happen to be on 1-90 going East in the Chamberlain area you might have a peek for me...... :D

So about a year ago, while out caching I get a call from a phone a friend, "do you have your wallet?", well yes....oh wait a minute, no!

So he tells me that a fellow cacher has just found it at a cache I just did that morning, and here is his number. So I ring him and I meet up with him and his two boys at a cache, I get my wallet back, and we hook up for some team caching for the rest of the day.

Later on I hid a personal cache for his boys not far from their home, with a $50 FTF reward.

Very cool. B)B)B)