Hey, what happened to the date sort?

Uplink

When I checked the cache page for Washington State it had this message at the top:

"Due to the number of caches in this state, the search results by state have been limited to the newest 500 caches. If you want to get localized information, visit the Hide and seek a cache page where you can search by zipcode or lat/long. We're working to provide better searching features in the future".

Well, that's fine, but the results are not sorted by date with the most recent first, either. The most recent 500 would be relatively ok, but a random 500 blows. Is this just a temporary glitch?

Agreed. Though I would rather see a list of new caches within 100 miles, sorted by date, I've been using the California search to search for new ones (and then having to click on the cache for each one because there's no coordinates on the results page to tell me which are close and which are 400 miles away).

--

I'm off in my own little world. That's okay, people know me here.

I'll chime in here, too. I typically pull down a list of new caches in Washington every week or so (by checking the boxes and choosing ''Download to Easy GPS''), then importing them into MapPoint via Excel. Without a state list sorted by ''most recent,'' this makes it a lot tougher.

I could generate a pocket query, but the data's in a slightly different format that I don't want to mix with my pre-existing data.

I last updated my map on August 15, so I'm due icon_wink.gif It's also a bit more challenging to chase down local ''first finds'' when I can't see the top of the state list.

"Why don't you just ask somebody?"

"No, no. I've got a map. Don't worry about that."

I'll chime in here, too. I typically pull down a list of new caches in Washington every week or so (by checking the boxes and choosing ''Download to Easy GPS''), then importing them into MapPoint via Excel. Without a state list sorted by ''most recent,'' this makes it a lot tougher.

I could generate a pocket query, but the data's in a slightly different format that I don't want to mix with my pre-existing data.

I last updated my map on August 15, so I'm due icon_wink.gif It's also a bit more challenging to chase down local ''first finds'' when I can't see the top of the state list.

"Why don't you just ask somebody?"

"No, no. I've got a map. Don't worry about that."