Spoilers for movies in cache description.

Coldgears

I'm going to post back on topic...

Now - what if the cache gives a spoiler for a movie that JUST came out? That doesn't seem right, does it? So should there be a hard and fast rule? No caches posting movie spoilers for at least 2 months after it is out theatersres? Or until it is released on dvd? If it doesn't violate TOS... theoretically you could be a jerk and post movie spoilers for brand new movies on your cache page, right? You'd probably get hate mail but you could.

I'm going to post back on topic...

Now - what if the cache gives a spoiler for a movie that JUST came out? That doesn't seem right, does it? So should there be a hard and fast rule? No caches posting movie spoilers for at least 2 months after it is out theatersres? Or until it is released on dvd? If it doesn't violate TOS... theoretically you could be a jerk and post movie spoilers for brand new movies on your cache page, right? You'd probably get hate mail but you could.

A lot of the movies are based on books that have been out for years. Why isn't the OP ranting about libraries?

How is making a cache based on a current movie being a jerk?

BTW, you know Steve Rodgers has been on ice for 70 years? You would well before watching the movie if you were a comic book reader.

This is the digital age, nothing is secret, there are no spoilers anymore. I think you have to look to Wikipedia on this one. They discontinued the use of spoiler tags on entries years ago because it is impossible to monitor. The Reviewers already have enough on their plates.

Also, Bill and Ted save Rock n Roll and the Wyld Stallions win Battle of the Bands to save the future.

Okay, i've never had an issue with this. But there is quite a few local caches based about the Horcrux's in Harry Potter. Now honestly... It is a great idea! The issue I have, is that is uses the names actual Horcrux's in the movies. To top it off, even if you didn't know what a Horcrux was, it explains exactly what they were! To make matters worse, it does not do this vaguely. It tells you how they found the Horcrux, the troubles the had to go through to receive it, how they destroyed it. It really goes beyond any movie spoiler i've seen in a cache.

I've only seen up to the Half Blood Prince, so this really kind of ruins the last two movies for me... I was waiting for HBO, or Cinemax to put them on...

Is there any rules against this? Is this even a common event?

As others have pointed out, the books have been out now for years. So I'll just add this apropos quote (ironically, from a movie):

THE KID A book?

GRANDFATHER That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Edited by hzoi

Okay, i've never had an issue with this. But there is quite a few local caches based about the Horcrux's in Harry Potter. Now honestly... It is a great idea! The issue I have, is that is uses the names actual Horcrux's in the movies. To top it off, even if you didn't know what a Horcrux was, it explains exactly what they were! To make matters worse, it does not do this vaguely. It tells you how they found the Horcrux, the troubles the had to go through to receive it, how they destroyed it. It really goes beyond any movie spoiler i've seen in a cache.

I've only seen up to the Half Blood Prince, so this really kind of ruins the last two movies for me... I was waiting for HBO, or Cinemax to put them on...

Is there any rules against this? Is this even a common event?

If I were concerned about spoilers in those movies, I would go out and watch the movies. Otherwise I might risk having heard it at work, gym, news, some other pop culture medium etc. I say watch the movies ASAP and stop waiting!

Btw at the end of the original planet of the apes, you see the statue of liberty and find out it WAS earth all along!

Arrrrrrgh! Just about to watch this for the first time. :mad: