Spoilers for movies in cache description.

Coldgears

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

This one is easy. The egg came first.

Dinosaurs were being hatched from eggs long before chickens existed, so the egg came way before the chicken.

Chicken eggs, however, also came before the first chicken. As chickens evolved from whatever they were before, the previous animals were laying eggs and the animal that came out was slightly more chicken-like.

Eventually an egg was laid by a non-chicken that produced a chicken. Again, the egg came first.

Thank you.

This is what I have been saying all along, but nobody understands.

Dinosaurs were being hatched from eggs long before chickens existed, so the egg came way before the chicken.

Chicken eggs, however, also came before the first chicken. As chickens evolved from whatever they were before, the previous animals were laying eggs and the animal that came out was slightly more chicken-like.

Eventually an egg was laid by a non-chicken that produced a chicken. Again, the egg came first.

Thank you.

This is what I have been saying all along, but nobody understands.

Are you guys serious? Geeze... at one point, there were these giant live-bearing chickens that eventually evolved into dinosaurs, which eventually started to lay eggs because it was the trendy thing to do. Its on Wikipedia, if you care to look (or, at least it was)

Edited by knowschad

Chicken Dinosaur eggs, however, also came before the first chicken. As chickens evolved from whatever they were before, the previous animals were laying eggs and the animal that came out was slightly more chicken-like.

Aside from the fact (ahem! a "fact") that what you state is no more than a fashionable theory about birds and lizards, those were not chicken eggs. They were lizard eggs. Lizards still lay eggs, but not bird eggs. Humans still have eggs... we just don't extrude them before birth.

Aside from the fact (ahem! a "fact") that what you state is no more than a fashionable theory about birds and lizards, those were not chicken eggs. They were lizard eggs. Lizards still lay eggs, but not bird eggs. Humans still have eggs... we just don't extrude them before birth.

If a chicken comes from an egg, it's a chicken egg. Yes?

If a lizard comes from an egg, it's a lizard egg. Still agree?

IF chickens evolved from something (I'm going to use lizards in my example but you can put whatever you believe they came from in here and it still works) then every generation was slightly different than the previous one.

Gen 1 Lizard laid an egg that produced Gen 2 Lizard.

Gen 2 Lizard laid an egg that produced Gen 3 Lizard.

Gen 10,000,000 Lizard laid an egg that produced Gen 10,000,001 Lizard.

Gen 10,000,001 Lizard was different from Gen 1 Lizard, probably by a great deal, but may not have been a chicken yet.

Gen ???? Lizard was dang near a chicken by then, and finally laid an egg that produced a Chicken. THAT was the first chicken egg, which existed before the chicken did.

Darth Vader is Luke's father.
Awww, MAN!!! I haven't seen that one yet!! :mad:
I've wondered what it would be like to have a hypnotist make me forget those movies so I could watch them from Episode I and up. Now, I'll have to make sure they get me to forget this thread, too.

Come to think of it, maybe I'll see about forgetting this thread anyways...

Guess what? You no longer need sunglasses to tell the difference between the alien monsters and humans! Roddy Piper destroyed the satellite that was filtering their image!
Wow, that's older than the OP. I bet he won't mind a spoiler quote:
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick
.... I'm all out of bubblegum.
Edited by Too Tall John
Guess what? You no longer need sunglasses to tell the difference between the alien monsters and humans! Roddy Piper destroyed the satellite that was filtering their image!

That quote is not from a movie? Didn't Duke Nukem say it first? I've never heard anyone say that quote and not try to sound like Duke Nukem.

****SPOILER****

In the year 3978 AD, astronauts Taylor, Landon, and Dodge crash landed on planet....Earth!

Seriously, just because you haven't seen a particular movie or read a particular book, you can't expect the rest of the world to be white-washed of revealing spoilers. Take it upon yourself to avoid them...relying on others will leave you disappointed.

That quote is not from a movie? Didn't Duke Nukem say it first? I've never heard anyone say that quote and not try to sound like Duke Nukem.

Yes it is, no he didn't, and Duke Nukem was trying to sound like Rowdy Roddy Piper.

I don't think so. I'd say that when an egg comes from a lizard, it's a lizard egg, no matter what comes out of it. If it's a lizard that lays a freak egg producing a chicken, it's still a lizard egg, because it was made by a lizard.

I don't think so. I'd say that when an egg comes from a lizard, it's a lizard egg, no matter what comes out of it. If it's a lizard that lays a freak egg producing a chicken, it's still a lizard egg, because it was made by a lizard.

What he said ^^

Then we should change the saying from "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" to "What does the egg belong to, the parent or the offspring?"

:laughing:

Then we should change the saying from "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" to "What does the egg belong to, the parent or the offspring?"

:laughing:

What he read that you wrote was not what you wrote that he read when you wrote it and when he read it. Please point out where he read what you didn't write and where you wrote what he didn't read.

(sorry... sometimes I just like to egg people on)

Okay, i've never had an issue with this. But there is quite a few local caches based about the Horcrux's in Harry Potter. Now honestly... It is a great idea! The issue I have, is that is uses the names actual Horcrux's in the movies. To top it off, even if you didn't know what a Horcrux was, it explains exactly what they were! To make matters worse, it does not do this vaguely. It tells you how they found the Horcrux, the troubles the had to go through to receive it, how they destroyed it. It really goes beyond any movie spoiler i've seen in a cache.

I've only seen up to the Half Blood Prince, so this really kind of ruins the last two movies for me... I was waiting for HBO, or Cinemax to put them on...

Is there any rules against this? Is this even a common event?

Your outrage needs to come back in.

You could have stopped reading the cache page ya know.

It amazing how many people think thats a Duke Nukem line.

Probably a lot of the same people who think that Dire Straits "I want my MTV was the first video aired on MTV back when they actually showed videos!"

Probably a lot of the same people who think that Dire Straits "I want my MTV was the first video aired on MTV back when they actually showed videos!"

It wasn't?

Actually, if a mammal gave birth the possibility of a chicken, (I'm not an evolutionist, so I toss your theory out the window), the chicken came before the egg. Oh, and by the way, the world is only 6k years old ( as some believe). Dinosaurs are just a figment of someone's imagination.

Edited by Anguta's Rest

A lot of other people think that Dire Straits' song Money For Nothing was the first video aired on MTV back when they actually showed videos!

I only read the first page so apologize if I am repeating..

But at some point you must have realized spoilers were coming. Why did you not immediately STOP reading the cache description and move on to a new cache?

This reminds me of that baiting thread quite some time ago.