Garmin 60CSx replacement

Paulsan

I was expecting to be disappointed with my new 60CSx and its newer MTK chipset, vs my worn-out 60Cx with its well-regarded SirfIII chipset.

I needn't have worried. The CSx with MTK seems even more sensitive than the older unit. I did a side-by-side test with both units doing a cold start in a dark room in my house, and the new unit acquired a strong lock much faster than the old one.

I was expecting to be disappointed with my new 60CSx and its newer MTK chipset, vs my worn-out 60Cx with its well-regarded SirfIII chipset.

I needn't have worried. The CSx with MTK seems even more sensitive than the older unit. I did a side-by-side test with both units doing a cold start in a dark room in my house, and the new unit acquired a strong lock much faster than the old one.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I feel better now.

Viajero Perdido,

Do you find the tracking to be as accurate and repeatable with the MTK vs. the SirFStar? I mangled my SirF equipped 76CSx and am also facing a similar situation to the OP.