What do you want to see in new geocaches?

Tell me what you want to see with new caches and if your near me you may see these pop up!

A cache owner who invests a little in a cache and spends a little money to buy:

• a good water tight container (Lock and Lock, ammo can, even a thoroughly cleaned out Kraft peanut butter jar works well)
  • a swag size container with a few new, clean trinkets to paw through
  • a real logbook (the dollar store sells notepads for 4/$1) - not a few ripped bits of paper stapled together, or one sheet of 8x11 paper.

Treasures! Odd, quirky ones are great. Anything that's a cool little souvenir... For instance, a few days ago we took a little piece of costume jewelry - a metal angel pin - from a cache, and we left a couple of trinkets in its place. I like the goodies!!!!! And the travel bugs!!!!!! :)

Tell me what you want to see with new caches and if your near me you may see these pop up!

Doublemartin, what happened? You came to the forums asking for advice then your latest cache hide, posted yesterday ignores much of the advice, especially the accurate coordinates advice. The cache is located on your front yard, the coords are 150 feet off and take people to the neighbor's front lawn, you did not use the "Front Yard" attribute. Are you using Google Maps/Earth for your coords?

Edited by Lone R

More effort than a micro in a light pole skirt.

How do you fit something bigger under a lamp post skirt?!

theres big ones here. a large coffee can will fit under them.

It wasn't so much about the size as it was the fact they are hidden in lamp post skirts. Around here there are so many of them. They are not in cool spots, just in Target, Walmart, Walgreens, etc. parking lots. It just gets really boring to get to the GZ and find that it is yet another LPC. They are everywhere here. There just seems to be no effort in hiding a pill bottle or film case in a LPC in a busy store parking lot. Just saying. That is just my opinion. I am sure there are some people who love these as they are easy and great if you are about the numbers. Personally I would like to see some interesting and creative hides. We are about the hunt and experience, not so much the numbers. Not saying to not hide LPC but you asked "What do YOU want to see in new geocaches" and that was what I would like to see. :-)

Doublemartin, what happened? You came to the forums asking for advice then your latest cache hide, posted yesterday ignores much of the advice, especially the accurate coordinates advice. The cache is located on your front yard, the coords are 150 feet off and take people to the neighbor's front lawn, you did not use the "Front Yard" attribute. Are you using Google Maps/Earth for your coords?

you know what? stop it. I had not been reading this. but i did put it in the description so just respect the caches that I have. Jerk.