GSAK hide statistics

Is there a macro available in GSAK to create statistics for the caches you've placed? I don't just want to log all my caches as found and put them into the FindStatGen macro.

You don't need to log your caches as found. You just need to have your owned caches in the DB, and FindStatsGen will generate stats for it, if it is configured to generate owned cache stats.

You may need another macro to pull all the logs of those caches. Since you can only retrieve 20 in a single GPX, or 5 from a PQ, you will need the GSAK macro that essentially screen scrapes. Groundspeak appears to know about it and while have not outright given it their blessings that I know of, have not blocked it either - as long as it is not abused, I presume.

What they said. There used to be a separate macro, but ten it got combined into FindStatGen. Take a look below the maps on our profuile stage to see what it looks like.

I find the easiest way to keep this updated is to bookmark all of our caches and then set a pocket query to auto run every week.

What they said. There used to be a separate macro, but ten it got combined into FindStatGen. Take a look below the maps on our profuile stage to see what it looks like.

I find the easiest way to keep this updated is to bookmark all of our caches and then set a pocket query to auto run every week.

Just curious, but why bookmark them and then PQ when you can select caches "I own" on a PQ?

Just curious, but why bookmark them and then PQ when you can select caches "I own" on a PQ?

Good question. I tried to create one based on your question. I'd have to choose a point of origin and a radius, which is problematic -- we currently own active caches in Alabama, Georgia, Virginia, Norway, and Germany (all with adequate maintenance plans, natch). But bookmark lists have no geographic limit, so I just add each new cache to the bookmark list.

edit: seplilng

Edited by hzoi

Good question. I tried to create one based on your question. I'd have to choose a point of origin and a radius, which is problematic -- we currently own active caches in Alabama, Georgia, Virginia, Norway, and Germany (all with adequate maintenance plans, natch). But bookmark lists have no geographic limit, so I just add each new cache to the bookmark list.

edit: seplilng

You do not have to choose a point of origin and radius. All my hides are within WA so I've selected "I own", "WA" and radius "0" (the number is meaningless without point of origin) and get them all. You can select multiple states and get all caches within them - my Find PQ's have all US states and Canadian provinces selected.

Now, with your hide area - both states and countries - I can see where a bookmark list is needed (or two PQ's, one for states, one for countries).

You might have caches (e.g. an Earthcache) outside the max. radius, or archived caches that you want to keep track of for some reason.

As noted above, radius doesn't have to come into play. And I get so few logs on my archive caches I can just grab the GPX if I need to update them (which I haven't had to yet) - I still get email notification when someone writes a log on one.

You might have caches (e.g. an Earthcache) outside the max. radius, or archived caches that you want to keep track of for some reason.

As noted above, radius doesn't have to come into play. And I get so few logs on my archive caches I can just grab the GPX if I need to update them (which I haven't had to yet) - I still get email notification when someone writes a log on one.

Well, outside a geographical region that Groundspeak defines then. Good point you brought up, though - most people won't need a bookmark based PQ for their owned hides.

Edited by Chrysalides

No archived caches in "normal" PQ. A bookmark list lets you pull them all.

Why do you need to repeatedly pull data on archived caches - they see very little, if any, changes/activity?

If a caching couple/team split, one (or more) from the joint/team account may re-log previous finds.

Why do you need to repeatedly pull data on archived caches - they see very little, if any, changes/activity?

If a caching couple/team split, one (or more) from the joint/team account may re-log previous finds.

A rare occurance. But still, a PQ won't help if that new log is more than the fifth one back. If it more than the twentith (sp?) the GPX file won't help either (logs are pulled by found date, not entry date). So whether the cache is archived or not, you'll have the same problem.

A rare occurance. But still, a PQ won't help if that new log is more than the fifth one back. If it more than the twentith (sp?) the GPX file won't help either (logs are pulled by found date, not entry date). So whether the cache is archived or not, you'll have the same problem.

Yup -- this is why the AddLogs macro comes in handy. In addition to running a weekly PQ, I run AddLogs from time to time, maybe every 2-3 months, to make sure I'm getting 'em all.