TB Courtesy

cosmo11

I am thinking, I will try to do this with our geocaches, but I think that out of courtesy for TB owners, if we have a geocache with a tb that has been in it for about a month we should move it to another cache, especially if the cache isn't all that commonly visited. What are your thoughts?

I see you have a few sittin' a bit...

I don't think I should have to keep track of TBs and coins ( a caching side-game) left in my caches by others. If we were meant to, TPTB would have notifications on them similar to owned trackables.

It's not reasonable to expect a hider with many hides, or someone with extreme hikes or terrain, to check their caches each month for TB travel.

However, if I happen to be doing maintenance on one and it seems like a TB/coin has been sitting a while and it's still there, I'd probably move it along. If it's no longer there, I'd notify the TB/coin owner.

I am thinking, I will try to do this with our geocaches, but I think that out of courtesy for TB owners, if we have a geocache with a tb that has been in it for about a month we should move it to another cache, especially if the cache isn't all that commonly visited. What are your thoughts?

I am not responsible for any trackables left in my hides. That is NOT my game. Anything I EVENTUALLY do to help sort out a trackable problem is strictly a courtesy. But it will take me a heck of a lot longer than a month to act unless an owner makes a personal request.

What are your thoughts?

Perfectly fine if that's what you want to do for people travelers. I don't expect my bugs to move too fast, so as long as they are still there I'm willing to wait for someone to pick them up in the course of their geocaching endeavors. I do appreciate the concern.

If you want to do it, great

As a cache owner I have better things to do than keep track of how long TBs are in my caches. Nor are they my responsibility, nor do I have the time to make special trips to rescue a TBs. If I happen to be making a maint run on a cache and there happens to be a TB in it, I will move it along, but no way will I make a special trip or would I expect any other CO to do so.

Edited by briansnat

I agree with these comments, and I don't think it's the responsibility of the cache owner. However I do see the other side. I have posted on here as we were in Pennsylvania a month ago, and our first three TB's that we have set free have yet to move. Our children ask if they've moved yet as they were not on our trip out east, and they are curious. I know it's a sit and wait type of thing, but it can be a little frustrating, especially since we live 3,500 miles away in British Columbia, Canada, and our first three Travel Bugs have yet to move. So I see it from both ends.