Colorado Files

ranter802

I followed the Wherigo instructions for downloading a cartridge onto a Garmin Colorado but it does not appear in the Garmin Wherigo file when done. I have done the download by the click and drag method. I have tried it twice and the second try resulted in a notification that it already existed in my Garmin. I chose the option to re-write and it appeared to go. The Wherigo instructions say that it will appear on the main menu or in the Others menu. I do not know what the "main menu" is unless that is the topics on the rock n roller screen - it's not there. I went to the "Others" icon and under Wherigo, there is only the tutorial. I have run thru many screens etc and cannot find what my computer indicates has downloaded. What am I doing wrong?

Just so I know you're using the right file:

The file you get from the Wherigo web site should have a file extension of .GWC.

Just so I know you're putting the cartridge in the right place:

When you pull up your Colorado in "My Computer", you should see a drive with a Garmin icon. Go into that. You should a directory called "Wherigo". Go into that and paste the file.

For the menu:

Yes, you're going to the right screen. By default, the Wherigo Player will show as "Wherigo" under the "Others" menu item.

We'll start from here and see if we can walk you through it. Also, welcome to both Wherigo and geocaching. You'll never need another new hobby again.

Well, then, I wish you success and fine memories of your first millennial! Remember to take some pictures. Perhaps you'll post here with your geocaching account, then, and let us know how things went.

If I remember correctly, I used someone's event as my first millennial. It was an event to kick off a competition, so I wasn't able to mention the milestone at the time.

OK, now I have played but something seems to be missing. I have a Wherigo inventory of 1. When I open it, there is a blue bar that says "unlock code". When I hit the enter button, I get a gray screen with a bubble pattern that says "UNLOCK CODES" at the top but I cannot get the unlock code. I have posted the find on geocaching.com and when I go to the "related web page" the unlock key is now shown as "completed". I do not see how I could have caused this other than posting the found cache. I thought that I would have gotten a code number to prove completion. I have also looked for a way to move a file from my Colorado to the website but am unable to do this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :(

I've logged Wherigo geocaches as found before, but doing so has never had an effect on the Wherigo site. If you uploaded a save file to the Wherigo site, I can see how it would have marked the cartridge as complete. The only way to unlock a cartridge is uploading a save file or putting in an unlock code.

If I'm to look at the cartridge to see what it's doing with the "gray screen with a bubble pattern" with regards to the unlock code, I'll need to know the cartridge's name.

It's called New Castle North Hill Historic District. It's also under GC30RGO. Maybe related to this was my difficulty in applying the code at the end of the tutorial. I was originally under the impression that I needed to enter that code in the unlock icon to access the above (or any) cartridge so I tried that there. I would have thought that would have been the wrong code and accomplished nothing.

I do not believe that I have saved my file from the Garmin to my computer or anything further. I tried but my computer kept bouncing back the file as unable to open. I did try a click and drag of the gwl file from the Wherigo Saves on the Garmin to the Wherigo site for upload by way of the browse bar. That wouuld switch my screen to a lot of the apparent Wherigo build logic/language gibberish. I did not seem to actually upload from what I could see.