FS Magellan SporTrak Pro plus vehicle mount

Older Magellan SporTrak Pro handheld GPS. Monochrome LCD screen with backlight. Works great, just upgraded. Excellent condition, hardly used! Comes with charging mount for car.

Asking $60 OBO + shipping within North America. Can accept PayPal.

Will post pics later. (didn't realize they had to be hosted outside of Groundspeak)

MAg2.jpg

MAG1.jpg

Time to make offers.... it's going on eBay if I can't find a Geocacher who wants it.

The vehicle mount has a suction cup for windshield mounting, and plugs into 12V lighter socket. A thumb screw ensures teh GPS won't fall out of the holder while in use.

Edited by FreeFloat

I just discovered Geocaching website this weekend and want to start doing this with my children. I am assuming you used this for that and it worked good? Looking to start with something simple, no need for fancy stuff (have iphone and blackberry for that) Still works good? got manual for it?

Edited by adkyoung

I just discovered Geocaching website this weekend and want to start doing this with my children. I am assuming you used this for that and it worked good? Looking to start with something simple, no need for fancy stuff (have iphone and blackberry for that) Still works good? got manual for it?

I am new here too. This looks like a decent gps for your uses. I am in research mode still, and what i do is copy/paste to google to find additional info.

I also don't believe in sniping a would be buyer.

This is what goolge has to say.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Garmin+Astro+220+GPS+&hl=en&tbs=shop%3A1&aq=f#sclient=psy&hl=en&tbm=shop&source=hp&q=Magellan+SporTrak+Pro+handheld+GPS&oq=Magellan+SporTrak+Pro+handheld+GPS&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=924796l924796l0l929718l1l1l0l0l0l0l1204l1204l7-1l1l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=ee045cc55d691584&biw=1680&bih=878

Edited by Lodge Pole

I use my SporTrak Pro, and Meridian Color, for help in finding Section Corners, Benchmarks, private corners, mining claim corners, etc. I haven't found a newer unit to beat them for accuracy, yet.

One can project a waypoint with minutes also, rather than the more common degrees only.

They also do a good job when using State Plane in Lambert or Trans Merc. Hard to find a new unit that will do this.

More info in the link below, about these oldies but goodies.

http://gpsinformation.net/mgoldreview/sportrak-pro-rev.html

I'll give my opinion.... I've had the same model since 2002. Used it to find 300 caches, plus many waypoints parking areas etc. Even dropped mine in a stream. The vehicle mount is nice, if slightly large. Wierd proprietary serial plug, but I have a serial-USB adapter, and the map software works fine through that with windows xp. Haven't tried 7 or vista. Mine is in decent shape except some of the plastic is cracking off around the battery compartment.

Great simplistic unit. Not as sensitive as the newest model, about on par with my iPhone 4, with much better batter life. A set of batteries will last around 8 hours with the light off, from what I remember, maybe longer.

60 bucks is a steal for this classic but good unit. Big buttons, rubbery coating, nice shape.