things lost when caching

prot1

whilst caching today i was mugged by a tree it pinched my glasses i was searching for 3/4 of an hour and still no luck finding them (i needed my glasses to look properly for my glasses) :grin::):) please if anyone fiinds them email me

the gc code is GC1NY15 thank you

a blurred sited cacher prot1 :rolleyes::rolleyes::blink::blink:

Only last week I was crawling on all fours to look under a bridge over a dry ditch (as we do). It was the 2nd of a short series. When I finished the series i reached for my mobile in my shirt pocket only to find it missing in action. Luckily I was able to mentally retrace my steps and narrowed it down to two possible locations. I revisited the GZ and found my phone buried in the long grass.... very lucky!

whilst caching today i was mugged by a tree it pinched my glasses i was searching for 3/4 of an hour and still no luck finding them (i needed my glasses to look properly for my glasses) :grin::):) please if anyone fiinds them email me

I wear a loop of cord around the back of my neck, connected to my glasses.

My marbles...a few sandwiches short of a picnic...and I think I lost them when I fell out of that stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down. <_<

I did think I lost my GPS whilst caching recently, but it turned up at the bottom of a bag of leaves I'd collected for hiding some caches. :rolleyes:

I wear a loop of cord around the back of my neck, connected to my glasses.

I wear reading glasses and mine are on what's called "idiot string" in these parts. I'm no dummy - they're great for catching what falls out of a sandwich - which then blinds me when I put said glasses back on!

I thought it was just me! lost my phone, i only noticed when i finished the caches i was doing and looked to see if i had a reply to a message!! where's my phone!! Long story short i only found it be dialling it from my work phone and after 45 mins found it in the veg at the side of the footpath, lucky!!

A Garmin Dakota fell out of my pocket in some woods oop north whilst searching for a cache I never found. I wasn't using the Dakota for the search as this was a bonus cache, and I hadn't collected all the numbers so was working purely on guesswork. It never turned up.

On a brighter note, I left behind my Nokia N97 whilst clambering up a tree in another wood somewhere; I was quite a long way away before I realised and couldn't return, so I left a note on the listing. A few days later I was contacted by a cacher who'd found it, and kindly posted it back to me. Once I'd dried it out it worked fine (and continued to do so, until I sold it to Mazuma last week).

I've lost at least a dozen pairs of reading glasses. I only pay £1 each for them so its no big deal. I always carry two spares.

IS IT LOST?- its ironic. You misplace your GPS, but IT knows exactly were it is so IS IT LOST???

It only knows where it is... Until the batteries go flat. :huh:

Hmmm... A new set of batteries and it assumes it is where it las knew it was... Only way to confuse it is turn it off and put it on a plane... Or wait several months!

If designer sunglasses are your bag, then you should follow me around caching....

I lost a pair of Calvin Klein caching somewhere in Cheshire about 3 years ago, then last year left a pait of Tommy Hilfiger at one of the early Skeg to Ness caches.... OK, so I buy them in the USA, and they're dirt cheap, but even so.

At least my last pair - a gorgeous purple pair of Fossil Sunglasses were ruined by me... trod on them!!

Given up now that I wear prescription sunglasses.... LOL

whilst caching today i was mugged by a tree it pinched my glasses

I thought I was the only one. Problem with mine I think is that they are light weight a flick off and travel yards on their own.

I have also had a branch flick the side arm from my specs. Now that WAS hard to find. Image me doing a fingertip search whilst trying to hold the remains of the glasses on my face.

Tony

In my haste to get a FTF recently I dashed off, got to the cache only to find that somewhere along the way I had dropped a TB that I was going to put in :(

Took me over half an hour to retrace my steps looking carefully everywhere to find it.

Also dont know if someone recently lost a fiver, but I did a cache and found a £5 note in it. Thinking it was a photocopy was going to leave it, but when closely examined it, it was the real deal! Thanks for the ice creams we all bought with it :)

We've actually lost a cache while caching, we'd taken the cache into the car to sign the log & take a photo as it was so titchy & fiddly, we were about to return it to it's hide when Z my son dropped it still in the car, we moved seats back & forth, looked in all nooks & crannies, posted a log & an apology on the iPhone, gave up looking, stopped at a nearby house to see if we could borrow a torch which didn't help only to literally pull up at home on the drive & Z saw it lodged in the seat framework, we didn't even get out of the car just returned straight away..what made it worse was the it was a FTF which could easily have been Last to find as well :(