Puritan Thief?

I heard this story on the radio this morning

http://bit.ly/pxFdGl

Seem a man stole a women's purse from a shopping cart a week ago and felt remoseful. So he left the GPS and $90 on her doorstep with a note saying he was sorry and signed stupid.

First I wondered who carries a GPS device in her purse. Could she be a geocacher? Second it occured to me that only a puritan thief would think to leave a signed note.

While a non-puritan thief would probably taken a picture and left it so she had memories of her stuff, or just hoped she knew he was remorseful and she should take his word for it. Because you can be remorseful any way you want, noone should be able to tell you how to be remorseful.

Someone is stealing Puritans?

So the thief now knows where she lives, and odds are her keys were in the purse, she needs to be very cautious for a long while now.

Or be cautious for 30 minutes and change the locks?

She should have changed the locks the same day her purse was stolen.

So the thief now knows where she lives, and odds are her keys were in the purse, she needs to be very cautious for a long while now.

But her purse wasn't stolen - only her wallet and GPS. And who says she didn't change the locks?

But her purse wasn't stolen - only her wallet and GPS. And who says she didn't change the locks?

Sorry, thought the quote thread showed the evolution of the discussion.

I should have said, "If Cpt. Blackbeard's supposition that the thief has her keys, then she should have had her locks changed. She may have already done so. I am just pointing this out in response to hukilaulau's response of being cautious for 30 minutes and change the locks."

The article, OP, and Cpt. Blackbeard said he stole her purse. He just dumped it in the supermarket aisle and kept the wallet and GPS. So we don't really know if he took the keys or not.

But if he did, it would have been wise to change the locks immediately, which she may or may not have done.

Edited by Avenois