Email the finders of your caches...

Sissy-n-CR

The ability to email the finders of your caches might be a worthwhile addition. Kind of like a reverse watch list. Selective in that you can email the finders of one, any, or all of the caches. One use could be if you have a cache camera and have the pix posted, you could email the finders to let them know the cache page has been changed to include the pix. Another could be to alert finders of an incomplete series that the next stage is up. Users could have the option of accepting these kinds of cache notificatons or not.

Thoughts?

CR

72057_2000.gif

This has been suggested before. I think it's a good idea. I sure would've appreciated the ability to do mass e-mails to everyone who had logged a note on the event cache I recently hosted. I needed to communicate new details, and to encourage people to bring food to the picnic. Not everyone put the event on their watch list, so I finally resorted to dozens of direct e-mails instead of just posting to the cache page.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

This feature would be useful when I re-establish my Caesar's Greetings holiday cache. I would like to have a simple way to email all previous finders of the cache to let them know it was back and they are welcome to find it and receive a new gift.

I'll have to second this idea. I had made up some photo greeting cards based on some pics of a few of our caches and sent them this last Christmas to the finders of our caches as a thank-you/holiday greeting card. Would have been nice to have an easier way to email them.

19973_600.gif

The adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup