Help choosing a gps

glmdpt

So I am new cacher and I have been using my HTC Evo 4G with the c:geo app. The accuracy is miserable and I am usually off an average of 30 METERS; e.g I am standing on top of the cache (after finding it) and my c:geo app say 30 meters away.

I have decided to get a GPS. I will likely carry the phone too after gps purchase so I dont really have to have a paperless geocache gps (although I wouldnt mind it).

My questions are these:

1) What GPS has the best accuracy regardless of price? How much EPE/error in feet for the unit you recommend?

2) What GPS, for under around $200 has the best accuracy? How much EPE/error in feet for the unit you recommend?

Overall, I love the c:geo app but I need a GPS that will get me closer; 30 METERS is not nearly close enough.

Sure its not 30 feet? Try using the offcial Geocaching app.

They all have about the same accuracy. None will land you on top of the cache. Once the unit tells you your within 20 feet of the cache its time to start looking for the cache and not at the unit.

I understand its true they all have the same accuracy, but a nice dedicated GPSr is going to get a stronger signal in adverse situations no?

My friend's iPhone and my Nuvi just got us lost under tree cover. My 60csx and his Oregon have made things smooth as butter.

They all have about the same accuracy. None will land you on top of the cache. Once the unit tells you your within 20 feet of the cache its time to start looking for the cache and not at the unit.

Sadly, I am completely positive that it is 30 METERS. :(

I dont want to be right on top of the cache but the GPS needs to get me closer than 30 METERS.

I understand its true they all have the same accuracy, but a nice dedicated GPSr is going to get a stronger signal in adverse situations no?

My friend's iPhone and my Nuvi just got us lost under tree cover. My 60csx and his Oregon have made things smooth as butter.

Thanks for the advice! The 60CSx is on my radar as affordable but I am also considering 2 other MORE affordable units: Garmin eTREX Venture HC or Magellan explorist GC. Any input on those two units?