getting personal stats

Team_Zenboom

As a basic member, I can't see a way to record simple personal stats without Ctrl-c each table cell.

Could a PM assist me with obtaining our Finds & Hides data [ that which appears on Profile ]in a spreadsheet format?

As a basic member you are pretty limited to what you can do. But for $2.50 per month ($30 p.a.) you can have Premium Membership (less than the cost of two beers). If you still can't do this, try this "quick & dirty" method - I have never tried it, but it should work OK.

From your profile page, list your found Geocaches - you will get 20 per page, select the lot and download a .loc file (this is actually an .xml format file). Do the same for each find page, making sure you increment the filename for each .loc download, hopefully there are not too many pages :).

Rename the downloaded files from name.loc to name.xml and import these into individual Excel spreadsheets, then combine into one spreadsheet.

Hope that helps - its really a long way around when compared to the "My Finds" PQ you can get every three days if you have a Premiuim Membership.

PT

Edited by TechnoNut

As a basic member, I can't see a way to record simple personal stats without Ctrl-c each table cell.

Could a PM assist me with obtaining our Finds & Hides data [ that which appears on Profile ]in a spreadsheet format?

As a basic member you are pretty limited to what you can do. ... - its really a long way around when compared to the "My Finds" PQ you can get every three days if you have a Premiuim Membership.

Thanks, Techno - I'll give that a go.

What type of stats are you looking for?

You should be able to copy the whole table (from the web page) and past it right into Excel.

Then copy it from Excel into NotePad (pastes at TAB delimited text)

And then back into Excel.

This method will get rid of all the formatting.

If you are looking for some other type of stats Danie or I might be able to help.

If you are doing this so you can have the stats like many of us display on our profiles, you can do this through GSAK. Without a premium account, and the PQs that come with that, you will have to maintain the database of your finds manually, but it can be done. The software is fully functional in its free version and you can download and install the macros to perform various tasks, including generating stats, badges etc. but the free version has a delay before opening which gets longer over time and after a few months you'll probably want to pay for it to avoid the frustration. It is however a once of payment of $25 and well worth it, especially if you later decide to get a premium membership so you can use PQs in which case you'll be able to harness a lot more of GSAK's powerful tools.

What type of stats are you looking for?

You should be able to copy the whole table (from the web page) and past it right into Excel.

This method will get rid of all the formatting.

If you are looking for some other type of stats Danie or I might be able to help.

Tried that, but didn't get past the page formatting. Certain cells have multiple data, graphic only, etc.

(I'll assume it's intended to be like that.) I just wanted to set up a spreadsheet to examine trends in basic info,

such as appears in the table...

Its possible that someone is PM, but does not use GSAK.

This is then an alternative for them to get similar stats as to what GSAK produces.

that was my whole point, they are NOT PM, so they can't get hold of a "my finds" PQ

Edited by t4e