Micro Coin with wrong tracking number?

sheltiedogshowlover

Check number/letter combinations 1/I/l -2/Z -4/A -5/S -6/b etc

and 0/O

Don't mix up the numbers

Reference Code this code, beginning with TBXXXX, is visible for everyone who visits the Trackable page. It is a unique reference number for each item. It can be used to log a note to the Trackable. It will be shown after the activation process.

Tracking Code this code is stamped or engraved on the Trackable. This is the tracking code necessary to log an action on a Trackable, and is meant to be seen only by people who actually have the item in their hands. Please do not show this number in your uploaded photos or in your online notes.

the number on the coin is very easy to read. Pretty large black print on yellow. I tried various combo's but nothing works other then the first one I tried (which again is very easy to read).. so I'm guessing a tag was purchased and the number was printed on the picture and then a button was made from it.. I'll have to keep my eyes open for more on the E place to make sure that this person isn't just using the one number on more then one item..

To me this sounds like someone has ripped of tracking numbers from elsewhere. I'd definitely report it to Groundspeak so that they are aware of it.

From what I've gotten so far this might have been the test for the "geobuttons" and they bought a couple of trackables to use the tracking numbers off of (but mine is lacking the pin back) and they realized they couldn't use the copyrighted image if they were gonna get approved by Groundspeak and now there's several other's listed on ebay and in a cointest here..

To me this sounds like someone has ripped of tracking numbers from elsewhere. I'd definitely report it to Groundspeak so that they are aware of it.

From what I've gotten so far this might have been the test for the "geobuttons" and they bought a couple of trackables to use the tracking numbers off of (but mine is lacking the pin back) and they realized they couldn't use the copyrighted image if they were gonna get approved by Groundspeak and now there's several other's listed on ebay and in a cointest here..

Oh. Did they advertise it as such on the auction? If not then you'd be entitled to a full refund. They should have been specific in the auction that the tracking ID came from something else. Otherwise you would expect to get the name (and icon if once was paid for) when you entered that tracking ID. Or you could ask them to also send you the item they took the Tracking ID from to make amends.

Edited by keewee