Happy thread

Moote

A few recently placed cache trails has encouraged me to do more caching lately after a fall in my finds rate. All of the trails I have done have taken me out into the countryside and given nice views, how could I resist? Another favourite type of cache would be something remote where I have to hike all day (or longer) to find one or two caches (GCX0AW, GCX7K6 on West caoast of Jura highly recommended). I find there is room in my caching life for both.

After finishing work at 0030 decided on a quick cache and dash on the Seafront at Southsea

I was looking for a micro as described , although leaning towards a 'not known' ( hey this is

the happy thread so :laughing: ) , with the sea splashing against the cobbles (not much sand down this way :lol: ) soon found the nicely hidden cache although almost out of reach.

Anyone else like night caching along the beach... :ph34r::D

I was strolling along the Promenade D'anglais in Nice with my wife last week watching the sunset over the med and the lapping of the sea against the beach after a lovely meal in a local Restaurant. Without breaking stride or using a GPS I bent down and plucked the micro from a small bollard by a palm tree, signed it as I was walking and replaced from the other side. Even my wife (who is a non-caching sceptic) was impressed.

PS (as I had been banned from taking my GPS on this break I had done considerable homework beforehand and found a photo spoiler of this one).

Happy Caching XX

I was strolling along the Promenade D'anglais in Nice with my wife last week watching the sunset over the med and the lapping of the sea against the beach after a lovely meal in a local Restaurant. Without breaking stride or using a GPS I bent down and plucked the micro from a small bollard by a palm tree, signed it as I was walking and replaced from the other side. Even my wife (who is a non-caching sceptic) was impressed.

PS (as I had been banned from taking my GPS on this break I had done considerable homework beforehand and found a photo spoiler of this one).

Happy Caching XX

What style! What finesse! :D

MrsB

Happy Caching XX

Cheat, you should be banned ;););):D:ph34r:

After leaving the Welsh Mega Venue, we went in search of a few old caches I had picked out. This one was great fun! Twelve Knights Quarry

We stopped overnight in Cross Hands and had planned to attended the Pen-y-fan event on Monday starting from Neuadd Reservoir and walk the whole loop. When we got closer we decided it was just too foggy to make it worthwhile so continued towards home.

Just down the road we stopped off to find Pip's Falls a very enjoyable cache....

We'll be back another day for pen-y-fan :)B)

Mark

(edited to correct hyperlink :rolleyes: )

Edited by Delta68

I have had 2 great Geocaching experiences this week. The first involved this cache. It involved me and my mate blowing up his inflatable boat and paddling offshore to grab a number of clues. The sea was mill pond flat and we made excellent progress. My Son and wife watched us from the beach as they enjoyed the early evening sun. It was one of the best experiences of my life, such a beautiful evening. What made it more special was that we had DNF'd it earlier in the year when our boat sprung a leak in stormy conditions.

Then on wednesday morning I was up early for an FTF hunt. The same friend had also solved the puzzle so we went together. We parked up and walked along a footpath past a field of sun flowers. Despite the early start it was warm with clear blue skies. As we walked through the valley the birds were singing. Arrived at GZ and made a quick find. We got the FTF and it was my friends 100th cache so he signed the log and I took some photos. It was a really enjoyable experience.

As we speak, my Dad, Sister and Niece (all muggles) sailing to France, last night they stayed in a caravan site near to my house and Portsmouth, so I went and visited. Just outside the entrance were four of Incatogs Novel Caches, so I took them out to discover them. The first was a DNF sadly, and everyone was a bit sceptical and downhearted looking for the second, but after 10 or so minutes I found it, and it was indeed very novel.

This got my (6 year old) niece excited, so at the third cache she was hunting with enthusiasm, and she was the finder! By now she was bounding around with glee. The forth was quickly found, so we went back to number one, and found it quickly, cancelling out our DNF.

Good times :)

After leaving the Welsh Mega Venue, we went in search of a few old caches I had picked out. This one was great fun! Twelve Knights Quarry

We stopped overnight in Cross Hands and had planned to attended the Pen-y-fan event on Monday starting from Neuadd Reservoir and walk the whole loop. When we got closer we decided it was just too foggy to make it worthwhile so continued towards home.

Just down the road we stopped off to find Pip's Falls a very enjoyable cache....

We'll be back another day for pen-y-fan

Oh wow! Great finds! Wish we had known about those two, I've popped them in a bookmark list for if we ever head back that way. We went up Pen-Y-Fan instead. Crazy rain!!! :laughing:

Lets break away from the doom and gloom of many of threads which are appearing, and have a happy thread of caching tails :)

Good idea... Hope it works!

Ok... Found a magnetic nano in the last few days... Where no other cache type would have worked, in a very different location. Sat on the bench is was stuck to, and took in the surroundings. Then it dawned on me that I was in one of the best locations I'd ever been taken to... And it was a nano that brought be to it. Never thought that would happen, and the surprise made it even more special.

Ah, a thread I feel able to respond to!! Thanks Moote.

Have only been caching since March (actually started on my birthday) but really enjoying the hobby and have got some other family members involved too. The funniest thing was my husband who was rather skeptical at first and thought it was a bit of a waste of time. He is now the one rushing to GZ to try and find the cache first, keeping 'score' of how many we have found each and the one who can't stand leaving with a cache unfound (I tend to give up after about 15 minutes of looking.) He also seems desperate to find more caches than a friend of mine who he's never even met! Sure is an addictive hobby. (He still avoids the 'computer' stuff though.)

Will be going out this weekend, hopefully with family members, so if anyone can recommend a good cache or more in Essex let me know!

Going on hols to Mablethorpe for two weeks starting tomorrow with our friends the Beauchiefs. Looks like great caching - As with all hols where the other half is not over keen on spending the hol looking for plastic boxes in improbable places we have "caching days" followed by "non caching days" - The good news is that Saturday is the first caching day !!

I've got a happy tale :)

I passed my driving test in March this year (it's taken me over 20 years to learn!) and before this week had only been on the motorway once, with my husband in the passenger seat reassuring me. This week I've taken my two youngest children on a road trip (older two are at guide camp, otherwise we'd not all have fitted in the car). We've done 432.9 miles, from Bedfordshire to Devon, via Gloucestershire and we survived!

We managed 7 caches on our travels, have dropped off two geocoins and picked up two more. We visited our first puzzle cache and managed a webcam cache too :) We took my Mum out on a big walk round Exmouth and she found one of the caches before the kids! My Dad came with us to the puzzle one, he walked there, despite the fact he has rather limited mobility, as it was so close to home.

We had an excellent trip :)

Edited by bumpybecky

Will be going out this weekend, hopefully with family members, so if anyone can recommend a good cache or more in Essex let me know!

Beamflote beast

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=08fe59a9-7bf8-4441-a966-0523b11036e7

Thanks for the suggestion. Have taken a look at this one before, spent quite a while looking at the grid and am still none the wiser! Intend to go back to it at some point and maybe get a hint but am guessing that if I'm having trouble with this first bit then I'm going to be in big trouble with the rest of it!

Beamflote beast

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=08fe59a9-7bf8-4441-a966-0523b11036e7

Thanks for the suggestion. Have taken a look at this one before, spent quite a while looking at the grid and am still none the wiser! Intend to go back to it at some point and maybe get a hint but am guessing that if I'm having trouble with this first bit then I'm going to be in big trouble with the rest of it!

Email me (or the cache owner) if you want a hint.

I like industrial caches. i.e. caches placed near something man made used for the purposes of industry or transport. So much so that I made a bookmarks list of them. All in the North I'm afraid.

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=2c331670-f0ee-42ec-966f-17efd5241df4

Not my first choice cache... But I like to learn about our history. Just created a PQ fromyour list... TY