Benchmarks in the United Kingdom

sjayc1977

ME2 4BU is an approximate postcode for Bowes Road, Strood, Kent However it could have been a parralel road Grange Road. The Mark is in a brick on the side of a private house. I will be passing it later this evening where I will take a photograph. It is the same shape as your Profile Pic.

ME2 4BU is an approximate postcode for Bowes Road, Strood, Kent However it could have been a parralel road Grange Road. The Mark is in a brick on the side of a private house. I will be passing it later this evening where I will take a photograph. It is the same shape as your Profile Pic.

Cut Bench Mark.

IF you want to add it to the Waymark site, I strongly suggest you read CAREFULLY! the listing instructions.

I've got a few listed in the category, and have not had any problems getting them listed... Others may have!

You DO need coordinates, taken with a GPS.

Look around, there may be others in the area.

Edited by Bear and Ragged

As B&R says, make a waypoint on your GPSr, other wise it'll be very hard to pin down. Bowes Road looks like ir runs from OS squareTQ7369 to TQ7469 where there are many cut marks, even apart from those already listed on http//:www.bench-marks.org.uk/

I've got a few listed in the category, and have not had any problems getting them listed... Others may have!

Hey hey, there's something in that. For a short while I was an officer of the group, and supplied much of the information that appears on their main page, but I couldn't be bothered with people who knew considerably less than me about the subject querying my logs as having the 'wrong kind' of photographs. Life's too short. Still, good luck to them.

The whole Waymarking interface leaves me cold to be honest but more to the point, I found a much better way of managing large sets of data through GSAK.