Hypothetical question

Matrix

There's too many hypotheticals to give a decent answer, but my attitude to anyone who accused me of anything would be very much 'put up or shut up' so I would instigate a private discussion with the person involved to see if we could get to the bottom of it. If they had proof then that's a matter for the police and not for anyone else in the geocaching community be they reviewer or ordinary member.

If one of the parties was a reviewer I 'might' consider talking to Groundspeak about the matter. But ONLY if I felt their behaviour seemed unprofessional to the point where it reflected on their ability to do their job. TBH I think that's unlikely.

Well as I am not completely stupid (some of my bits are missing) I of course refute the claim and can prove so .

Edited to respond to *mouse*

The accussion was initially sent to a third party as part of the Mega Wales witch hunt So I asked directly and was assured that it seemed I had acted inapproriatly with money that should have gone to Mega Wales, despite the transaction in question was conducted in the public domain via facebook .

Edited by Matrix

If it affects the way you and the reviewer interact when you are Geocaching then I would have thought Groundspeak need to get involved. If not, then thrash it out privately.

If the reviewer has made any public accusations then you have a right to defend yourself publicly, otherwise it should be conducted in private.

If the accusation is in writing, request they provide proof, or you will seek legal advice, have all your paper work ready and at hand.

I guess this is certainly not hypothetical, as it appears too remote from Geocaching to be so.

I have been advised to remove my post or there will be an offical reply with my email address in the post now thats a strange thing to threaten :unsure:

Curious, publication of your email address would seem a most inappropriate way to proceed. But there are lots of questions here, and it seems the thread invites much speculation while providing very little useful information.

If the (nameless) reviewer made a direct accusation of theft of money acting in their capacity as a reviewer then the obvious answer is to either return the money or tell them you didn't do anything wrong (obviously depending on whether they are right or not).

If the reviewer asked a question about a transaction that might have been an accusation but might equally have been a request for clarification, provide the clarification (or a simple "none of your business" answer)

If the reviewer might be acting as a go-between (as someone else already suggested) then it seems fair game to ask them if they are (while obviously recognising they won't disclose who raised the original concern) and go from there.

From what you posted in another reply...

So I asked directly and was assured that it seemed I had acted inapproriatly with money that should have gone to Mega Wales, despite the transaction in question was conducted in the public domain via facebook .

I can't see what that has to do with anything. A public transaction over Facebook doesn't tell us anything about where the money was supposed to go. If you sell a spare GPS via Facebook then the money goes into your pocket once it's all done. If you sell Mega Wales merchandise over Facebook with the understanding that the proceeds will go to Mega Wales then the money goes to Mega Wales. If you bought 5 coins and then decided you only wanted 4 so sell one on Facebook then the money is yours. The fact the transaction(s) are public, or the medium used to bring buyer and seller together, aren't really relevant.

Hard to say what's going on here, other than what seems to be vague insinuations about other vague insinuations.

It is far from civil

Can a mod lock this thread Please as I have decided to take it to Groundspeak as an official complaint .

Edited to add some facts .

I was responsible for acquiring the design of the Mega Wales logo.

This logo was then used to decorate Polo shirts which in turn were sold for a profit to help fund Mega Wales .

I was the initial contact with the producer of the Polo shirts I have been a customer of theirs for a while.

A prominent cacher missed the deadline for the purchase of a Polo shirt and I was asked in public (On Facebook ) If there was anyway a shirt could be ordered . I enquired with the supplier and was told that there would be no problem.

I ordered and paid for the Polo shirt and arranged to meet the cacher at an event before the Mega to hand over the shirt and receive payment for said shirt.

Today a reviewer asked a third party what had happened to the profit I had made from the sale of the shirt . I then contacted the reviewer who asked several questions regarding the transaction . These questions I answered for which I was thanked :blink: .

Because I was not about to let this lie I was then contacted by the reviewer using his reviewer name threatening to post my email address and so I decided to take the matter to Groundspeak to see what they say.

For the record my email is matrix.geocaching@googlemail.com or matrix@southwalesgeocachers.co.uk if you prefer

Edited by Matrix

It is far from civil

Can a mod lock this thread Please as I have decided to take it to Groundspeak as an offical complaint .

If the issue is relevant enough to be addressed with Groundspeak then I think someone needs to speak up, I entered those forums last night after a small break and could not get over the mess caused by the recent Welsh Mega.

With an accusation of theft and involvement of a reviewer this needs to be transparent, if only to make some attempt to gain cachers confidence for future "Official UK Mega's".

Although to be honest, I suspect the golden ammo tin might be fast approaching its sell-by date.