August 2011 Photo Competition

Thank you to The Blorenges for chosing my photo from The 'Flotsam and Jetsam EXTREME' cache as the winner of the July photo competition :D

As that photo was taken at an extreme cache I have decided to make the theme for the August Comp - 'Extreme'

So maybe photos taken at extreme caches or locations, or even in extreme weather, please use your imagination!

Happy snapping!

Didz

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme* if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, display the photo and copy the URL to provide a link to the post. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

6065889934_e0bda3764f_z.jpg

Box Quarry Cathedral by jamescharlick, on Flickr

Taken over the weekend in Box Quarry, related to the Above Below caches.

Wow! Great photo of The Box Quarry Cathedral B) ... I was also down there this weekend doing a Below Above cache! (on Saturday) but the photo I tried to take of the Cathedral was pants!

Keep all the fab photos coming folks - It's great to get a heads up on some extreme caches, although a few of them are already familiar to me :ph34r:

I've only been bothered by cows/bullocks twice. This was the second occasion. I managed to traverse an unnecessarily large field only to discover the exit stile was missing an essential component... and there was a ditch on the other side of the fence... a deep ditch....

061fccd8-2c81-4366-954a-0f8e660249b9.jpg

Still remembered to take a mission-appropriate photo of someone's travel bug though!

Edited by elfre

Thanks everyone for all the brilliant photos, I've loved looking at them :D

But now has come the time for me to announce the winner...

Drum roll please...

And the winner is - Happyshopper

For the stunning photo of Box Quarry Cathedral B)

Second place goes to Abanazar for the lovely shot of him and his boys doing the Underworld Bonus cache.

And a special mention to other photos which made me smile -

Jester2005 - for the photo of Olivia at Old Haunts (I loved the look on her face!)

The Buffs - For the pic of the wonderful MAABOF arriving at The Boat Only Event

Elfre - I loved the cows!

and The Blorenges for the photos of the wild weather on the cliff

... and now over to you Happyshopper :anibad: