How do I get the member tab to work?

snowfreak37

If I click on the Members tab it will bring me to my profile page. When I use the drop down menu and click on members and enter a name it will show the first page of similar members and any additional pages. Most of the time there is more than one page but it will not let me get to those other pages. I tried the next arrow, page button, and the jump to page # with the same results. As an example if I put in granny it says there are 168 results with 7 pages of "granny". I can only access the first page no matter what I try. I am running windows 7. I have tried Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. What am I doing wrong?

Let me try this from another angle. Is anybody able to use the member search feature succesfully? If you use the drop down menu and select members can you access more than the first page, assuming there is more than one page listed? It will give me some indication if I am one of the few with this problem.

From the feedback page (Who Knew :D )

After finally finding the membership listing I can get a first page but any other page after the 1st shows "no results for .... I'm not even sure that the members listing in the new forums section is the entire Geocaching .com membership listing, all of Groundspeak (waymark, etc) or just those that have been to the forums. Maybe it's browser specific? I use Chrome mostly.

Answer from Jeremy

This is a bug, but we will likely just remove that feature from the forums since the size of our community is too large to make that directory useful. You can find other members from your Geocaching.com profile instead. (25271)

Like others, when I click the Members tab I get our own profile.

I think it's been like that since the Big Forum Renovation. I keep meaning to start a Feedback Forum topic about it but haven't got round to it...

MrsB

Thanks MrsB you got me going in the right direction. I used the search feature in my profile, like Jeremy suggested. I didn't know one existed. I'm on the upside of things today. I learned two new things and it's before noon :) .

Like others, when I click the Members tab I get our own profile.

I think it's been like that since the Big Forum Renovation. I keep meaning to start a Feedback Forum topic about it but haven't got round to it...

MrsB

Thanks MrsB you got me going in the right direction. I used the search feature in my profile, like Jeremy suggested. I didn't know one existed. I'm on the upside of things today. I learned two new things and it's before noon :) .

socool.gif

On the "old" forums I think that the Members' List was only those who had registered for the forums, rather than a list of all geocaching accounts created.

Could be wrong.

MrsB :)