ESPN GeoCoin Fantasy Football League

Starwolf013

Great News Everyone!

Coins have been received from everyone but one team, and their owner has already hoped to get them in the mail before the season starts B)

Once those coins arrive, I will snap a picture of the prize pool. I must say, we have a pretty awesome haul this year.

6 teams will make the playoffs with the top two teams of the regular season earning BYE's into the semi final round.

Prize distribution will go to all participants that make the semi-finals.

Winner of the GeoBowl and Geocoin 2012 Champion: 12 coins and Bragging Rights through 2013's offseason!

Loser of the Geobowl and Geocoin 2012 Runner Up: 6 coins

Winner of Winner's Consolation Ladder Round 3: 4 coins

Loser of Winner's Consolation Ladder Round 3: 2 coins

Great News Everyone!

Coins have been received from everyone but one team, and their owner has already hoped to get them in the mail before the season starts B)

Once those coins arrive, I will snap a picture of the prize pool. I must say, we have a pretty awesome haul this year.

6 teams will make the playoffs with the top two teams of the regular season earning BYE's into the semi final round.

Prize distribution will go to all participants that make the semi-finals.

Winner of the GeoBowl and Geocoin 2012 Champion: 12 coins and Bragging Rights through 2013's offseason!

Loser of the Geobowl and Geocoin 2012 Runner Up: 6 coins

Winner of Winner's Consolation Ladder Round 3: 4 coins

Loser of Winner's Consolation Ladder Round 3: 2 coins

That's me. I need your address, your email was deleteed. Thanks, I will send out some really special coins for the pool, I promise.

I am done with ESPN FFB. It will not let me log in, I can not change players. It says I have to enable cookies on my computer, which I did, but it still will not let me log in. This week I could not change a player out because of a bye week. Blahhhhhhhhhhh :anitongue::mad:

Very frustrating....maybe reboot and then try again? I thought I was logged in this morning but when I tried to change players it said I wasn't. Very strange.

BUT the way my players are doing this week I think you will beat me even with that unfilled spot. I mean Megatron with only 2 pts, McFadden with only 2 points. I think I need to go outside and rake leaves...

I am done with ESPN FFB. It will not let me log in, I can not change players. It says I have to enable cookies on my computer, which I did, but it still will not let me log in. This week I could not change a player out because of a bye week. Blahhhhhhhhhhh :anitongue::mad:

I'm with you. I do not understand their scoring system at all. How can a defense on a winning team who only allowed 14 points score -1?

Merry Christmas Geocoin Footballers!

geocoin1.JPG?height=451&width=608

geocoin2.JPG?height=354&width=457

geocoin3.JPG

Here is the list of coins from the GeoCoin league. I will message and email winners shortly. In your reply, please rank your coins in preference.

2011 Glasswing Butterfly

Tadpole

Evanston Roundhouse 2012

Evanston Roundhouse 2011

Leather Man's Circuit

Cachekin Geowoodstock VIII Salmon

Wild West Hide and Seek

2010 South African Soccer

Phantom Logger Super Cacher

Belle of the Louisville

Titanic 100 years

American Red Cross

10-10-10 Powers of Ten

Celtic Three Dog Night

Bleuet's Geocoin

GPS Maze Rochester Museum

NL Geocoin

Coinucopia Event

BYO Pencil

CNY 2012 Year of the Dragon

2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge

Cache Angel Two

Edward Teach Saloon

Apocalypse 2012

Thanks to all that participated in the league this year! Hope to see you again in 2013!

Coins have been sent to the winners! While I really wanted to get them in your hands by the Superbowl, I did not have an opportunity to get them mailed until yesterday. Each of you got at least one of the coins that you desired high in the ranking.

Great to see interest in the league for next year. I will get the ball rolling early in August so we aren't rushing at the last second to get the league filled like we did this year.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Pretty sure it was 2 coin buy in last year

did the buy in change???

the first post in the thread says its a one coin buy in...

Last year was a two coin buy in and the four teams that were in the playoffs all won coins. The first post is from 2011 and that year was a one coin buy in.

So far the commish hasn't chimed in here but it looks like we will have enough to make a league. I emailed him to see if he is interested in the league and defending his companionship. I forget it he or his wife took first.

He needs to defend his COMPANIONSHIP if he beat his wife but he needs to defend his championship from the rest of the players in the league.

Hello GeoCoin Fantasy Footballers!

It appears to be that time of the year again for Geocoin football to start :)

This year we will continue our tradition of Geocoin Football for our 3rd season.

The details:

We will have 12-16 teams this year competing for GeoCoin Fantasy Football. The twelve participants from last year will have the first option of returning to the league. They have until Tuesday 8/20 to reserve their spot by replying to the email sent from the league and/or replying to this forum post. There will also be a waiting list for those that did not participate last year that will start in this thread. On Wednesday 8/21, the top names on the waiting list will replace the teams that have declined to participate this year or did not respond by 8/20 to either my email sent from the league or here on the forums. If we have enough interest to field a league of 16, we will do so but I expect us to remain at 12.

Entry fee this year will be 2 unactivated coins per team, and the prize pool will be distributed between the 4 teams that make the semi-finals. Coins will be due by September 1 before I start hounding you. Please do not be the person I have to chase this year. If your coins are not received for the league, your winning payout will be shared among the remaining winner's payouts.

Draft dates: Please choose your preference for draft date in your reply. Choices are

Thursday, Aug 29 9:00p EST

Friday, Aug 30 9:00p EST

Sunday, Sept 1 9:00p EST

Keep in mind I am trying to accomodate those folks in the West. I am open to entertaining alternate draft times if the majority of participants are interested.

There will be no keepers this year, we will start things off on a clean slate.

That's all folks! Looking forward to the turnout!

Edited by Starwolf013

2012-2013 Returning Invitees:

Pittsburgh Pred - Confirmed

KT Lady Giants - Confirmed

Bev S Cointown Tigers - Confirmed

Steel City Babes - Confirmed

Jen Wolfe - Confirmed

FARR Team Blue Bombers - Confirmed

Brady BJ Bums - Confirmed

SADO Team Stellar

Dave S Eagle Phan

VG Packers

MO Cheeseheads

Dan McClaren

Newcomers Waiting List:

Log Dawgs

Blg723 (conditionally concerning 2 coin buy in)

FossilLady

Edited by Starwolf013

I have an event to attend on the 30th but it should be over by 9 pm so I could be home by then.

I may have a meeting for the Michigan Geocaching Organization on Sun at 9 pm. However, since that is Labor Day Weekend it may be postponed so I will have to find that out for sure.

2012-2013 Returning Invitees:

Pittsburgh Pred - Confirmed

KT Lady Giants - Confirmed

Bev S Cointown Tigers - Confirmed

Steel City Babes - Confirmed

Jen Wolfe - Confirmed

FARR Team Blue Bombers - Confirmed

Brady BJ Bums - Confirmed

SADO Team Stellar - Confirmed

Open

Open

Open