ESPN GeoCoin Fantasy Football League

Starwolf013

Hmmmm... tonight is the night! The beginning of the end. Good luck Bev.... but I hope I leave you behind in the dust! Haha :)

It's not over til it's over BUT with the running back problems I have been having I'm not very optimistic. Especially when the guys I wanted to pick up were taken before my turn on the WW. But you just never know!

Here we go Tigers Here we GO!!!

Hey..... the game isn't over yet lol..... stranger things have happened. Sorry it went down like that though. I haven't seen what happened to romo yet. I just feel for anybody with a knee injury. They are awful.

Thanks for posting pics of the booty!

From what I've read Tony hit his hand on an Eagle player's helmet. It swelled up so that he couldn't grip the ball. Happened very early in the game. Yes it's true that the game isn't over yet. BUTTTTTT You have 4 players yet to play and one of them is Brees and only need 26 points to pass me so barring an injury (which I sincerely don't want to happen) I think the outcome is pretty easy to see. I'm bummed as I was really looking forward to a nail biting game but there is always next year. I can still smile though because the LIONS won today today and are in the playoffs!!!! Awesome!!

Unfortunately for me though is that I have Romo and Peterson in two other leagues. :(

It looks as though brees and julio have pushes me over in points for the win (pending brees not lose 20+points in ints). I would like the football coin in my part of the coins to remember this season by. Otherwise, Bev go ahead and pick your coins.... I plan on using the others as travelers anyway :) thanks everyone for playing and Starwolf for hosting!

It looks as though brees and julio have pushes me over in points for the win (pending brees not lose 20+points in ints). I would like the football coin in my part of the coins to remember this season by. Otherwise, Bev go ahead and pick your coins.... I plan on using the others as travelers anyway :) thanks everyone for playing and Starwolf for hosting!

Yes it's been fun all season long! Thanks Dave for being the commish and starting this league this year. But what am I going to do now when there isn't any football lineups to decide on? LOL

Thanks Zach for the great game and rivalry all season long. I'll send in my picks for the coins.

It's interesting that in the one league I don't have Romo I also have Brees and Julio playing. I decided to root those two on!! :P

See everyone next year!!

Well folks, it all comes down to this!

It has been a great season of fantasy football, filled with many highs and lows! Now, two teams remain to battle for Geocoin Football Supremacy!

Congrats to both the Cointown Tigers and Portsmouth Spartans!

Bev and Zack, please PM me with your preference list regarding the coins. I still owe a picture of the bounty, and I hope to have that posted before the Championship week kicks-off tomorrow night!

PM sent. Thanks again Dave!!

I knew my season was over at week one. Congrats to the winners and thanks Dave for your efforts and time. Next year I may just be able to figure out how to log in for the draft. :laughing: On to 2012, Happy New Year everyone.

I thought you had some pretty decent players. Eli had a great year and who would have predicted how Chris Johnson's year would go :blink:

But it was kind of lonely in the draft room that night....

Anybody know what is involved in being a commish other than just setting up the league? Who has done it before? I may be willing to do it if the previous commish isn't able to do it but need to know first what is involved

Other than setting up the league, you have to make sure everyone sends in their geocoin so you can distribute them at the end of the season. This way is better because as you know, some don't send their geocoins when the season is over. And also be prepared to answer any questions that may come your way. The questions are usually about the draft and the start of the season.

GEOCOIN FANTASY FOOTBALL IS BACK

By popular demand Geocoins will meet Grid Iron in clash to rival 2011's season. Will Goosefraba and LadyBee defend their title, or is there a new up and coming champion that will rise from the ranks?

The details:

We will have 12-16 teams this year competing for GeoCoin Fantasy Football. The twelve participants from last year will have the first option of returning to the league. They have until Wednesday 8/15 to reserve their spot by replying to the email sent from the league and replying to this forum post. There will also be a waiting list for those that did not participate last year that will start in this thread. On Thursday 8/16, the top names on the waiting list will replace the teams that have declined to participate this year or did not respond by 8/15 to both my email sent from the league and here on the forums. If we have enough interest to field a league of 16, we will do so but I expect us to remain at 12.

Entry fee this year will be 2 unactivated coins per team, and the prize pool will be distributed between the 4 teams that make the semi-finals. Coins will be due by September 1 before I start hounding you. Please do not be the person I have to chase this year. If your coins are not received for the league, your winning payout will be shared among the remaining winner's payouts.

Draft dates: Please choose your preference for draft date in your reply to this email. Choices are

Thursday, Aug 23 9:00p EST

Friday, Aug 24 9:00p EST

Thursday, Aug 30 9:00p EST

Friday, Aug 31 9:00p EST

Keep in mind I am trying to accomodate those folks in the West. I am open to entertaining alternate draft times if the majority of participants are interested.

There will be no keepers this year, we will start things off on a clean slate.

That's all folks! Looking forward to the turnout!

YIPEE!! I'm in! I bet you didn't know that! ;):laughing: :laughing:

My coins will be in the mail on Monday or Tuesday.

I assume it's going to be a live draft again. The earlier the better so my preferences are in the order you posted them

Thursday, Aug 23 9:00p EST

Friday, Aug 24 9:00p EST

Thursday, Aug 30 9:00p EST

Friday, Aug 31 9:00p EST

If you change them I can't do it on Aug 22.

Hello Folks,

Reminder has been sent to the teams that have not reserved their spot in the league this year. It looks like we will have several open positions for new teams that want to play in 2012.

You can sign up here on our waiting list if you are interested in participating this year through tonight.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to play this year. I am being transferred and moving from Utah to the Midwest, I will have a month or so with out internet. Can't do this at work. Bummer. Good Luck to all! Leave me a spot next year. :)

So Utah Still Needs a Football Team? :laughing:

Sorry to hear you can't play this year. Hope to see you next year!!!

I can't tell who has joined and who didn't. On my page all teams say joined.

I was in 3 geocoin leagues last year and have been invited back to just one of them. Which one is this thread for?

This one is for the ESPN league. The other two were in Yahoo. I've been invited back to one of those and the other one Tim said he was going to activate last week....

Good News!

4 requested placement on the waiting list and 4 just happened to have stepped out/didn't respond for this year.

Looks like we will not be leaving anyone out in the cold. The following folks will need to respond to me via PM no later than Saturday Aug 18, 2012 with an email address where I can send the league invite:

Bjmcccacher

Thomas Crew 614

Ladywolfe

Steel City Babes