ESPN GeoCoin Fantasy Football League

Starwolf013

I tried, I know I sounded like I was complaining, well I was, but I was only blaming myself. We will see, maybe I can get by with only Eli and the detroit defense :laughing:

I wondered why you weren't there John but thought maybe you had to work. But Detroit Defense?? Heck you know I live near Detroit and am a die hard Tigers fan but the Lions? Hmmmm esp defense? Double hmmm Well I will admit that I think I used them one week last year in one of my leagues and they did fine. Maybe you got the right Manning with Peyton's neck again..... :P

Things have been heck here, I finally mailed out the coinage yesterday. I also figured out why I could not find the draft, I was not logged in. :anicute::rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO!!!!! :lol: :lol:

About the Lions D....I checked the one league where I used them last year. I won the league so you do have a chance with them LOL And you do have the right Manning..........

Things have been heck here, I finally mailed out the coinage yesterday. I also figured out why I could not find the draft, I was not logged in. :anicute::rolleyes:

About the Lions D....I checked the one league where I used them last year. I won the league so you do have a chance with them LOL And you do have the right Manning..........

That would mean I have the wrong Manning

That would mean I have the wrong Manning

Yep. Sorry to say that he had neck surgery again today.....

Somehow my boys pulled through again on Sunday. Big shout out to Jermichael Finley for pulling in 26 points. That has to be some kind of record for a TE.

Yeah yours was a really nailbiter game! But you are 3-0 and you thought my team was stacked. :laughing: Let's see when we meet!!

We all know that you are just sandbaggin' with romo on your bench. You would have had 100 if you would have started him. Kinda' hard to pick which QB to start when they are playing each other. Pretty good game to watch on tv. I would have been disappointed if I would have paid for tickets to the game though. Who wants to watch a a game with 8 field goals? :blink:

Somehow my boys pulled through again on Sunday. Big shout out to Jermichael Finley for pulling in 26 points. That has to be some kind of record for a TE.

Yeah yours was a really nailbiter game! But you are 3-0 and you thought my team was stacked. :laughing: Let's see when we meet!!

We all know that you are just sandbaggin' with romo on your bench. You would have had 100 if you would have started him. Kinda' hard to pick which QB to start when they are playing each other. Pretty good game to watch on tv. I would have been disappointed if I would have paid for tickets to the game though. Who wants to watch a a game with 8 field goals? :blink:

Yeah 8 field goals isn't a pretty game. I went to the Detroit Tigers baseball game last night and couldn't wait to see if Romo would play or not. Broken ribs are pretty painful and Grossman I figured would give me a few points. But then again he can be risky too! BTW Tigers won 14 - 0 Nice 8th inning with 8 runs scored!

Rexy got me 12 points and Romo only got 8 so this time it worked out.....

Edited by LadyBee4T

I lost this week by 3 points thanks to the other team's Jermichal Finley getting 26 points. I lost week one by five points with the other team's Raven Defense getting 21 points. How can I get a break. :blink:

You will be fine... your team has the highest total score so far I am pretty sure. That will lead to you winning several games in the coming weeks.......

p.s. Sorry.... for rooting against your TE last night :ph34r:

Edited by goosefraba1

I lost this week by 3 points thanks to the other team's Jermichal Finley getting 26 points. I lost week one by five points with the other team's Raven Defense getting 21 points. How can I get a break. :blink:

You will be fine... your team has the highest total score so far I am pretty sure. That will lead to you winning several games in the coming weeks.......

I think that you have close to 100 points more than I have so that will be very helpful to you down the road in the standings.

You could take my injured QB - First draft pick and not playing this season.

I think I read where this will be Cutler's week. Not sure I should play him instead of Romo in another league though. Heck you and I are playing in the other league with Brees and Brady. I have Stafford and Romo. Now how should I root when I watch Detroit at Dallas on Sunday? :lol:

I think that you have close to 100 points more than I have so that will be very helpful to you down the road in the standings.

I think I read where this will be Cutler's week. Not sure I should play him instead of Romo in another league though. Heck you and I are playing in the other league with Brees and Brady. I have Stafford and Romo. Now how should I root when I watch Detroit at Dallas on Sunday? :lol:

Easy... root for Calvin Johnson.

Easy... root for Calvin Johnson.

Oh yes that's for sure! I have him in another league with Brees as the QB there. Stafford is on the bench Think I should go all Lions? That could be quite a 1-2 punch! That team is actually the one that I think is stacked much more so than this one.

We are still waiting for coins from 4 participants (I will send a friendly PM to you if you do not see this post). I am hoping to post a picture of the prize vault (or at least a list of coins up for grabs) once I receive them all. If that happens to take longer than expected, I will post what we have thus far and update.

Glad to see such interest! Don't forget about the Smack Talk board on the league! I've been polite so far, but I am getting the itch to let the friendly banter fly!

We are still waiting for coins from 4 participants (I will send a friendly PM to you if you do not see this post). I am hoping to post a picture of the prize vault (or at least a list of coins up for grabs) once I receive them all. If that happens to take longer than expected, I will post what we have thus far and update.

Glad to see such interest! Don't forget about the Smack Talk board on the league! I've been polite so far, but I am getting the itch to let the friendly banter fly!

I had thought about the smack board..... but didn't know if people would take offense lol..... but honestly we are all geeks. We shouldn't be offended too easily.

I had thought about the smack board..... but didn't know if people would take offense lol..... but honestly we are all geeks. We shouldn't be offended too easily.

I have tried smacking people with it in other leagues but usually no one smacks me back. (No comments required on that one :P ) It ends up being a onesided smack board. LOL

I have tried smacking people with it in other leagues but usually no one smacks me back. (No comments required on that one :P ) It ends up being a onesided smack board. LOL

Those are the kind that hurt the worst :ph34r:

I can tell that my major mistake was not picking a quality RB <_< ..... but in turn I got Calvin Johnson, Drew Brees, and Finley. If I could have a do-over I would have gotten a good back on my 3rd pick.

Ah yes coming from a guy who is 3-0!!! The top RBs were gone by then so you probably did the best you could. You were in a simialr position that I was --having to choose two in a row. But I do remember the chat box where you were thrilled to get the top two that you wanted in Brees and Megatron. :D

I'm not in this league but am playing in a couple of Yahoo Leagues. Here's a list of a few players I drafted in one league or the other.

Peyton Manning

Jamaal Charles

Kenny Britt

Nate Kaeding

See a familiar theme?

What's up with all the injuries? I think it was from a lack of a full training camp.

I can tell that my major mistake was not picking a quality RB <_< ..... but in turn I got Calvin Johnson, Drew Brees, and Finley. If I could have a do-over I would have gotten a good back on my 3rd pick.

Ah yes coming from a guy who is 3-0!!! The top RBs were gone by then so you probably did the best you could. You were in a simialr position that I was --having to choose two in a row. But I do remember the chat box where you were thrilled to get the top two that you wanted in Brees and Megatron. :D

True... it's not too often to get your top picks. Can't help but like Calvin.... that guy is in a league of his own as far as body size for a WR.

It seems like all of my players are injury-ridden, though. At least I didn't get Vick as my QB.... that guy just isn't getting protected.

Looks like my boys wont be doing much this week. 30 points after playing 5 players..... including my qb brees and my wr calvin. :/ come on guys!

I have those two in another league too. At least I didn't start Stafford! I did start Romo in those other 3 leagues despite "expert" advice LOL In the 2 QB league I have both Stafford and Romo. I hope that Romo makes enough points to overcome the ones I am losing from Stafford

Cutler's week more like weak - 2 points. That's why I should not listen to the "Experts".

Cutler's week more like weak - 2 points. That's why I should not listen to the "Experts".

Yes I know about those "experts" I called in to a radio sports show on Friday night and asked for advice for my QB situation this week with Romo in 3 leagues. Brad Evans of Yahoo fame told me to put in Cutler, Orton and Orton in those leagues. Earlier in the broadcast he was joking and said something like you're better off if you do the exact opposite of what I say. I did that and used Romo in all three. He got me more points than either Cutler or Orton would have done. I'm hoping that my lead holds up tonight. I know that you aren't hoping that though in two of them. It's smack talk time!! :P;)

Did I mention that the Detroit Lions are originally from my home town of Portsmouth, Ohio?

From wiki, "Originally based in Portsmouth, Ohio and called the Portsmouth Spartans, the team began play in 1929 as an independent professional team,[1] one of many such teams in the Ohio and Scioto River valleys. For the 1930 season, the Spartans formally joined the NFL as the other area independents folded because of the Great Depression. Despite success within the NFL, they could not survive in Portsmouth, then the NFL's smallest city. The team was purchased and moved to Detroit for the 1934 season."

and, "In 1932, the Spartans appeared in the league championship game, the first in NFL history, losing to the Chicago Bears 9-0. With a record of 6-1-4 in 1932, the Spartans finish in a tie for the NFL title with the Chicago Bears. It was the first time in history that the season ended with 2 teams atop the league's standings. After the season's final games, the league office arranged for the first playoff game in NFL history.

The game was originally scheduled to be played at Wrigley Field, the Bears' home stadium. Due to severe blizzards and sub-zero wind chill throughout the week, the game was forced to be moved indoors to Chicago Stadium.The arena allowed only an 80-yard field that came right to the walls. The goal posts were moved from the end lines to the goal. The Bears won 9-0, scoring the winning touchdown on a two-yard pass from Nagurski to Grange. Attendance for the game was 11,198."

Edited by goosefraba1

Just like to say that I am 4-0! :anitongue: Just like them Lions.... they are legit.

edit to add: that is the first time that I have used that smiley... and this will be the second :anitongue:

Casll me up when you come to the Detroit area and we'll go to a game!

But I hate to burst your bubble so soon. You need to hope that you lose soon or you may be jinxed. I was in 5 football leagues last year and the person who was in first place did not win the playoffs in any of them. ;)

Just like to say that I am 4-0! :anitongue: Just like them Lions.... they are legit.

edit to add: that is the first time that I have used that smiley... and this will be the second :anitongue:

But I hate to burst your bubble so soon. You need to hope that you lose soon or you may be jinxed. I was in 5 football leagues last year and the person who was in first place did not win the playoffs in any of them. ;)

Oh... I see a loss in the near future.

And.... as much as I would like to see a lions game.... I'm heading in the opposite direction soon :/ Moving to lexington in a month or so... but maybe one of these days we can do a game.

Edited by goosefraba1

Oh... I see a loss in the near future.

And.... as much as I would like to see a lions game.... I'm heading in the opposite direction soon :/ Moving to lexington in a month or so... but maybe one of these days we can do a game.

Forgot to say that I am in the same 4-0 position in the GC Geofootball league so I am riding the same bubble!! both of us will enjoy it while it lasts......

Who was in first?

Edited by seekerfamily

Call me up when you come to the Detroit area and we'll go to a game!

Who was in first?

I was a little misspoken there. I didn't easily find out the ESPN leagues I was in but here are the Yahoo leagues I was in for the last two years showing the league end of season #1 and the playoff winner. So 10 leagues and 2 of the #1 end of season went on to win the playoffs.

GC GeoFootball ==> #1 Philly Phan. Playoff winner Me

Geofootball ==> #1 Tha Saint Playoff winner Tha Saint

MIGO Football Fanatics (Michigan Geocaching Organization) ==> #1 Me Playoff winner Van's Paralyzers

No Bench (Michigan Geocaching Organization) ==> #1 Me Playoff winner Me

GC GeoFootball ==> #1 Team Haynes Playoff winner Me

Geofootball ==> #1 Halifax Explosion Playoff winner Forty Yimers

MIGO Football Fanatics ==> #1 Syfun Playoff winner Van's Paralyzers

No Bench ==> #1 Wild Wolverines Playoff winner Fumbilitis

Here's baseball

2011 #1 Batter Up Winner Hawaiian Honu

2010 Baseball #1 VGs Brew Crew Winner Rodeo Clowns

Edited by LadyBee4T