ESPN GeoCoin Fantasy Football League

Starwolf013

Here in Pittsburgh, my beloved Steelers are cracking helmets on a small practice field in Latrobe. With the lockout over, I can practically smell the pigskin flying through the air on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, and whatever other day they would like.

I wanted to determine everyone's interest in a Geocoin Fantasy Football League.

The rules would be standard scoring through ESPN fantasy football. Entry fee would be one unactivated Geocoin.

Depending on the number of interested people we would either have the Championship Winner receiving 6 coins (+1 of his own) and the Championship Loser receiving 2 coins (+1 of his own); or we could extend it further if we have more interested people.

Let me know if you would be interested (or if there is already a tradition in place here) by responding to this thread.

Here in Pittsburgh, my beloved Steelers are cracking helmets on a small practice field in Latrobe. With the lockout over, I can practically smell the pigskin flying through the air on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, and whatever other day they would like.

I wanted to determine everyone's interest in a Geocoin Fantasy Football League.

The rules would be standard scoring through ESPN fantasy football. Entry fee would be one unactivated Geocoin.

Depending on the number of interested people we would either have the Championship Winner receiving 6 coins (+1 of his own) and the Championship Loser receiving 2 coins (+1 of his own); or we could extend it further if we have more interested people.

Let me know if you would be interested (or if there is already a tradition in place here) by responding to this thread.

As other players from the other leagues would probably guess I am in!! :laughing: Is this the same league as we had last year? I haven't seen that manager for awhile.

I would be in.... won't be rooting for the hometeam (Bengals) this year, though... they totally blew the trades. <_< Pretty sure the Lions are my team this year

The Lions ?? :blink: OMG you must be desperate!!! :lol: So states a lifelong SE Michigan native.....

Ya.... they still have the underdog reputation.... but they have 3 top picks on the team from the last couple of drafts. Suh (should have been #1 draft pick... actually #2)... Calvin Johnson (actually a #2)... and Stafford (#1 in 2009 draft).

They just picked up Titus young as a pretty good second WR.

Now, All of those boys have had a little bit of experience... and I really think that they will shine this year. Probably won't win a championship... but at least make a playoff run. :blink:

edit: Gotta add Jason Hanson at kicker position... man has been playing since 92 (of course he doesn't get hit very often) and has 82 percent completion for FG and 98 percent career for PATs.

Edited by goosefraba1

I would be in.... won't be rooting for the hometeam (Bengals) this year, though... they totally blew the trades. <_< Pretty sure the Lions are my team this year

The Lions ?? :blink: OMG you must be desperate!!! :lol: So states a lifelong SE Michigan native.....

Ya.... they still have the underdog reputation.... but they have 3 top picks on the team from the last couple of drafts. Suh (should have been #1 draft pick... actually #2)... Calvin Johnson (actually a #2)... and Stafford (#1 in 2009 draft).

They just picked up Titus young as a pretty good second WR.

Now, All of those boys have had a little bit of experience... and I really think that they will shine this year. Probably won't win a championship... but at least make a playoff run. :blink:

edit: Gotta add Jason Hanson at kicker position... man has been playing since 92 (of course he doesn't get hit very often) and has 82 percent completion for FG and 98 percent career for PATs.

Yes you are right there. But after all they are the Lions! :D Can Stafford stay healthy? That's a big question. but it doesn't matter as I always root for them. I have also wondered why no one picks up Hanson on their fantasy team. I had 5 teams last year and my memory may be faulty but I don't remember him being on any teams throughout the entire season

Well, it look like we certainly have enough interest to field a competitive fantasy football league this year!

Participants (not draft order):

1. Starwolf013

2. LadyBee4T

3. farrtom

4. StealthRT

5. Droo

6. LewisClan77

7. goosefraba1

8. seekerfamily

9. TeamMagicParrot

10. Stellarscape

11. The K-Team

12. GeoGerms

We will use ESPN Fantasy Football with a standard Online Snake draft (I will post potential dates in an upcoming post).

Entry will be one unactivated geocoin. I will ask all entrants to send their unactivated coin to me before the start of the season Thursday Sept 8.

The Champion will receive 9 Coins and the Runner Up will receive 3 Coins.

Draft date. Well early this coming week is not good for me. August 17 I have a live draft for another league. I think that would not be too fun to try to draft two teams at once. LOL

Oh yeah forgot to say that the evening of Aug 23 won't be good either for me.

Edited by LadyBee4T

Alright fantasy football enthusiasts!

Message requests have been sent to the reserved spots on the original list. Anybody that does not respond by Monday, Aug 8 will forfeit their spot to the first person in the reserve line.

Here are the options for our draft date:

Thursday August 25, 9p EST

Friday August 26, 9p EST

Thursday September 1, 9p EST

Friday September 2, 9p EST

We will roll with the majority decision for the draft date.

Alright fantasy football enthusiasts!

Message requests have been sent to the reserved spots on the original list. Anybody that does not respond by Monday, Aug 8 will forfeit their spot to the first person in the reserve line.

Here are the options for our draft date:

Thursday August 25, 9p EST

Friday August 26, 9p EST

Thursday September 1, 9p EST

Friday September 2, 9p EST

We will roll with the majority decision for the draft date.

#1 --- Friday August 26, 9p EST

#2 --- Friday September 2, 9p EST

#3 --- Thursday September 1, 9p EST

#4 --- Thursday August 25, 9p EST

In order of working best for me :grin: .

Now that I know when my dog sitting duties begin I can pick the dates that would work for me.

#1 Thursday September 1, 9p EST

#2 Friday September 2, 9p EST

#3 Thursday August 25, 9p EST

#4 Friday August 26, 9p EST

I will have to practice a bit for this draft. If I remember right it was different than the yahoo one and I got mixed up for a few choices.

Alright folks, we are down to three spots. I need email addresses from two on the waitlist (see below and PM)

Participants (not draft order):

1. Starwolf013

2. LadyBee4T

3. farrtom

4. StealthRT

5. Vegas Gamblers - Need email address to send invite

6. LewisClan77 - Need to accept invite

7. goosefraba1

8. seekerfamily

9. Stellarscape

10. The K-Team

11. GeoGerms

12. tommytrojan360 - Need email address to send invite

Now that I know when my dog sitting duties begin I can pick the dates that would work for me.

#1 Thursday September 1, 9p EST

#2 Friday September 2, 9p EST

#3 Thursday August 25, 9p EST

#4 Friday August 26, 9p EST

I will have to practice a bit for this draft. If I remember right it was different than the yahoo one and I got mixed up for a few choices.

Sorry but can I amend my dates? I just found out that I won't have internet access for Sept 1 or 2. Will be gone that weekend--Labor Day. That means that either the 25 or 26 will be my choices if those are the only other dates to choose from.

Alright Folks!

League has been filled and finialized.

Our draft will be held Friday, Aug 26 at 9:00P Eastern Standard Time.

You have the remainder of the week to adjust your Team Names, logos, etc. The ESPN site will randomize the draft list one hour prior to to the draft. I strongly reccommend testing the site before Friday to ensure that you run into no errors on draft day. There are Mock Drafts available to participate in if you need practice.

Don't worry if you cannot make the draft date. There are options to preset your player rankings and the computer will autodraft for you based on your list. If that is too intimidating for you, you can simply leave it alone and the computer will draft for you based on ESPN Analyst's Ranking List. Everyone is guaranteed to get a competitive team!

The League entry fee is one unactivated geocoin which will be due by September 1. I will send further details from the league site.

Good Luck All!

We are on our way toward draft day!

Our draft will be held Friday, Aug 26 at 9:00P Eastern Standard Time.

We do have a late position opened in the league for ANYONE that would like to get in that may have missed out on the waitlist. Contact me today via PM or email to sign up! Entry fee is one unactivated geocoin.

The prizes have already started to trickle in. Currently, we have a Go Team touchdown Football coin and a 10-10-10 coin that will be up for grabs! Once all coins are received, I'll post the pot list!

The Fire Museum coins (with pathtag inserts) should be available by Sept 11 in either copper or I will have a LE coin in Black Nickel. So I will let you all know when they are here. I promised the Fire Museum folks I would not sell any until after their Premier event on 9/11, 2011 for the 10th anniversary Memorial. They will also have them available in their gift shop.

if you still need someone, i am in!!!

I kept checking in from 8:55 to 9:30 eastern time and could not find the draft. The computer picked for me, so much for the research I did for the draft. Oh well, someone will enjoy the coin I'm sending.

I think that ESPN fantasy site is a bit harder to figure out than Yahoo. I signed in about a half hour early last night. Even though I had done a mock draft earlier in the week it still took several minutes to figure out how to get to the right place. The link I kept clicking on sent me to the mock draft lobby. I finally found on our team site where it saic something like enter live draft.