Mollyjak the Truth

Lilian was the original fundraiser for Mega Wales as well as organising the Scottish Mega fundraising campaign she has travelled over a thousand miles and attended a great deal of events running fundraising events to give Mega Wales a basic money pot to start with, altogether she roughly raised £3500 through her own actions.

It was Lilian who persuaded me to put around £2000 of our own money into commissioning the golf coin and purchasing prizes to raise funds solely for the Mega.

It was Lilian who arranged the lovely Harpist that you enjoyed at the Mega Event

It was Lilian that arranged for Dia Dragon to attend the Event for the Children

It was Lilian who first encouraged the creation of the Sand castle event your children enjoyed.

And it was Lilian who arranged the purchase of the Turtle caches you enjoyed in your goody bag.

It has been open season regarding my wife over the past 10 months and we have not said a word.

She was bullied on the local forum to a point that the moderator had to step in to prevent further unpleasantness. All this time we have remained silent as not to disrupt the Mega none of our actions can be interpreted in this way. The Mega remained the same as the day we left it before my resignation through ill health, if not a very watered down version, It seems that in the eyes of the outgoing committee having a serious illness and being told to prepare for the worse is a crime punishable by silence and paranoia and to this day not one member has given a reason for this deplorable behaviour. Without so much as a by your leave or a simple note we got expelled from the Mega forum and it was left to moderator to inform us of this, just one more example of this immature attitude.

I have no problems with what anyone says about me but I love my wife very, very much and feel that she should get the recognition she deserves from cachers, without the twisted and bitter overtones that have be cast upon her. Some will now say that this is “sour grapes” or ignore the truth. Even yesterday certain committee members had told some visitors when asked about their favourite event over the weekend got told “oh Sand and Sarnies, we don’t talk about them” this is the childish ignorant way people behave. Well the Mega is now over and the gloves are off so let’s get down to the truth!!

Kind Regards All

Tony (Mollyjak)

Edited by mollyjak

31-Gloves-Are-Off-214x300.jpg

With the potential for how nasty this thread could get I had considered locking it to avoid all that.

However, it is a valid topic of discussion and the above post is an good example of how not to respond.

Tony, I admire what you're trying to do for Lilian but the second anyone gets nasty I'm shutting this thread down. Unfortunately, the style in which you wrote is enough to provoke a nasty reaction.

If you are going to respond, please think about what you're writing before posting it.

Your point is well said there will be no nastiness from me I have simply put the truth out there for people to finally see, I do not wish this to degenerate and would be more than happy for you to lock it if you judge that to be right

Regards

Tony

I would ask that you keep this thread open to allow the Committee an opportunity to respond to these comments from Tony and to correct a number of factual errors in his posting. The MEGA Wales activities are not yet over and the Committee are continuing to run and support a number of Side Events through to Friday evening so the response will not be immediate. Once all our activities are over I believe that the Committee will post a measured and factually accurate response to the original posting.

We are getting our Accounts independently audited and we will be in a position to provide accurate details on expenditure an income. However I will state at this stage that credit should go to Hywel (Eclectic Penguin) as his geocoin designs were responsible for most of the major fundraising that enabled MEGA Wales to be such a success - and the logs on the Event Page are a testimony to that success.

Simon I will welcome the reply from the Committee although it surprises me you need all that time, but please try to be acurate because you have been proven to be economical with the truth on previous posts on two occasions.

And I also agree that Hywel was a main contributor with the coins over the fund raising period I have never disuted that fact

Regards

Tony

I don't post on forum, not usually but this time I will. It seems to me that this all seems to be a and vindictive attack on Tony and Lilian. The Mega was sadly lacking the the kind ideas and organization that Lilian would have brought to it. Sand and Sarnies has so far been the best event, and Tony and Lilian were so worm and Welcoming to everyone. As to everyone else, it seems everyone sensed the tension and it has effect on the Mega.

i wasnt going to get involved in this topic as i dont go to the mega events,

but i do know how much work mollyjak have put in to these events and others. for anyone to do this much hard work (not just the fund raising but organising ect) and not ask for anything in return other than a bit of respect and maby a thanks is that so much to ask! yes others may have contrubuted and sold more or collected more money for the events ect but this event was not arranged by just one person everyone who helped to organise it should be getting the same amount of thanks as if they didnt all work together there wouldnt be a mega event. when you join a committee you are part of a team and you raise together that team should stick together and be there to help each other. remember there is no I in team. keep up the good work lilian we all love you xxxxx

lmn

After a good night sleep and some thought about what I want to achieve with this post I have come to these conclusions.

I do not wish this post to degenerate into a personal attack on anyone or for it to cause division amongst cachers.

For the best part the committee have put in hard work into the Mega and for that I appreciate and have told some of them personally in emails and to their faces.

I will however save the committee some anguish and time, stating that all I really want is for the Chairman to acknowledge publically the significant work Lilian put in to the Mega until my illness became the major priority in our lives and I resigned. Nothing else, then this whole business can finish and we can get on with our lives

Regards

Tony

Hey Tony,

I met both you and Lillian at MEGA Scotland last year and it was a genuine pleasure. I would suggest that you should take pride in knowing that with all the people and fellow cachers you have met that you leave such a lasting impression, I certainly hope people remember me in such a way.

As for asking for recognition from the MEGA Wales committee, whats the point? You are both respected and loved within the geocaching community, looking for acceptance and recognition from such a small group seems insignificant.

Lots of love

Kev and Faith

I turned up totally unaware that there had been such 'difficulties' throughout the organising of the Mega. I've expressed my overall opinions of the event elsewhere, but would say that Sand & Sarnies was the best event by far, with the best atmosphere of those I attended.

It was clear though to an outsider that there were issues and I think many of the events (actually, just meetings really) suffered for it.

It's a shame that the work that Lilian & Tony have put in isn't being acknowledged, but I would like to add my thanks for what you have done. Hold your heads up high.

Tony, I am sure that Lillian is respected by those who know how much she did for the Mega and how much they apreciated it. I didn't manage to get to the Sand & Sarnies event but from what everybody I spoke to have said how brilliant it was.

The greeting that Lillian gave me when we met at the Mega event itself was the best greeting of all.

After a good night sleep and some thought about what I want to achieve with this post I have come to these conclusions.

I do not wish this post to degenerate into a personal attack on anyone or for it to cause division amongst cachers.

For the best part the committee have put in hard work into the Mega and for that I appreciate and have told some of them personally in emails and to their faces.

I will however save the committee some anguish and time, stating that all I really want is for the Chairman to acknowledge publically the significant work Lilian put in to the Mega until my illness became the major priority in our lives and I resigned. Nothing else, then this whole business can finish and we can get on with our lives

Regards

Tony

Unfortunately, I am away from home for three nights, with a flaky WiFi connection now and definitely no internet for the next two nights. Also, I need access to files on my computer at home to do justice to a response to this. There will be a response, but not until the weekend, when I again have access to files on my computer at home.

It is not nice to be subjected to such unjustified accusations and to find so many people who don't know me joining in.

Hopefully, I will also have cooled down a bit by then, because I am seething now.

Gordon

I would like to thank tony and lillian for all their hard work, getting caches replaced on the morning of the sand and sarnies event which again me and my family probably enjoyed the most (including the meeting with the dalek). Whenever i bump into these two wonderful people they have always made myself and my family welcome. New cachers, old cachers, doesnt matter who they are they both make people feel welcomed and with all their events you can tell lillian has had a touch as it has that lillian sparkle to it.

Again I would like to thank you both not only for all you have done, but for making us feel so welcome!!

Due to on-going circumstances and events elsewhere on this forum. I just want to put on record that there has now or anytime been any mention, accusation or suggestion from us, to any form of impropriety regarding the Mega Wales accounts. I have put on record with the person who is carrying out the audit this position. The Treasurer of the Mega fund in my opinion is beyond reproach and I would defend vigorously from any such accusation.

I have put this post simple to clarify our position publicly and after reading a previous post in this thread mentioning the Mega Accounts.

Again I refer to my original post, the facts which I am full able to substantiate with evidence to back this up.

I would however like to say that all the committee needed to do is acknowledge the work my Wife has put into the Mega and all this would be finished. But this is the reaction we have received over the past 10 months Silence until some form of attack can be mustered.

Oh my.

Wasn't at the mega, probably won't be at an official mega, not my cup of ale.

To all that put the work in to set any events up THANK YOU. You all know who you are, and you don't need a pat on the back from a committee. Having been involved (many moons ago) in early events up in this part of the of the world, I know what effort is needed to get everything ready for a much smaller event... A mega obviously would need a little more.

Committees are a sure fire way into conflict... If not, you're not doing it right! Everyone round the table should be passionate about their responsibility and willing to state their case. I don't think committee is the best way to achieve anything to be honest.

Thanks to the parties on both sides of this divisive point for what they have done for the rest of us. The final response by the current committee doesn't interest me though.

Dr Solly what has happend here is unfortunate but the Mega Wales Committee have done the job of delivering a good Mega alot of them have put in a great deal of effort to deliver this. This may surprise some readers that I am supporting them this way ( I posted my best wishes here before the Mega weekend)but my original post was to gain some recocnition for my Wifes involment not to detract from a Mega that I myself enjoyed most of.

If Lilian and Tony had remained on Mega Wales we would have been there without a doubt, I honestly beleive there would have been no Mega Wales if it had not been for MollyJak the same as I bebelive there would have been no Mega Scotland if it had not been for Haggis Hunter..

All who were made to "resign" due to whatever reasons

I have not been in the forums for a while but reading tonight Mega Wales does not seem to have been the success it was meant to be, maybe they should have kept folks on the committee who were respected rather than the rude folks I had to deal with!!

You may get slated Tony, but you say what you honestly feel..your true friends will stand by you, whether they agree or not, just for being honest.

Why do you need the respect of a small committe when you have the respect of such a large amount of the UK Geocaching community?

Just my 2p worth

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

I have not been in the forums for a while but reading tonight Mega Wales does not seem to have been the success it was meant to be, maybe they should have kept folks on the committee who were respected rather than the rude folks I had to deal with!!

You may get slated Tony, but you say what you honestly feel..your true friends will stand by you, whether they agree or not, just for being honest.

Why do you need the respect of a small committe when you have the respect of such a large amount of the UK Geocaching community?

Just my 2p worth

Bugger I agree with Mandy ......that's it folks the end of the world is nigh :ph34r:

The following is a response to the initial posting on this topic by Mollyjak (Tony) on 2nd August and his follow up on 3rd. In an effort to keep comments and responses clear, the original comments have been cut and pasted into here and are shown in italics. The responses represent a committee view, except where they were clearly personally directed at me, and are shown in normal font.

Lilian was the original fundraiser for Mega Wales as well as organising the Scottish Mega fundraising campaign she has travelled over a thousand miles and attended a great deal of events running fundraising events to give Mega Wales a basic money pot to start with, altogether she roughly raised £3500 through her own actions.

Lillian held the role of Fundraiser on the Committee from its first meeting in September 2009 until her resignation in October 2010. There is no doubt that she did sterling work in this role, but the accounts show that through the initiatives she led, about £2600 was raised, which has to be offset by related expenditure of around £600. So the net income was about £2000. It is wrong to suggest that the other members of the committee did not help in any way with these initiatives. As an example of this, two members of the committee can substantiate £2-300 of the net income coming entirely from their own efforts. Most committee members will have travelled over 1000 miles: for example, virtually the whole committee travelled to Perth and worked their socks off at Mega Scotland.

It was Lilian who persuaded me to put around £2000 of our own money into commissioning the golf coin and purchasing prizes to raise funds solely for the Mega.

The cost of obtaining the golf coins was approximately £1100. The decision for Tony to fund this was taken unilaterally without discussion with the committee: it if had been, the committee would have found the money between them rather than it falling on one couple alone. The committee ensured that the outlay was refunded as soon as the coin account could afford it, which was a few months later. All committee members were encouraged to present receipts for their expenditure at the earliest opportunity, and the outlay for prizes was refunded promptly after presentation of receipts.

It was Lilian who arranged the lovely Harpist that you enjoyed at the Mega Event.

It was Lilian that arranged for Dia Dragon to attend the Event for the Children.

It was Lilian who first encouraged the creation of the Sand castle event your children enjoyed.

And it was Lilian who arranged the purchase of the Turtle caches you enjoyed in your goody bag.

We acknowledge Lilian's role in initially suggesting these items. After their resignation, Lilian and Tony handed over fundraising and other items that had been purchased at the committee's expense. However, they refused to pass on details of other business or contacts that they had obtained in their roles on the committee. As a consequence, we had to re-establish all links and sort out all details in respect of the above afresh and develop them through to fruition.

It has been open season regarding my wife over the past 10 months and we have not said a word.

We do not agree with this statement, but do not feel that the situation would be helped by a detailed counter argument.

She was bullied on the local forum to a point that the moderator had to step in to prevent further unpleasantness.

Lilian made statements about Mega fundraising that were not a correct reflection of the committee's agreed policy. The chairman made a corrective posting. Lilian's next post implied that he was lying, but the chairman made a measured, but light-hearted response. This was not bullying and the moderator's action in deleting the post was highly questionable.

All this time we have remained silent as not to disrupt the Mega none of our actions can be interpreted in this way.

There is a lot of evidence that says otherwise.

The Mega remained the same as the day we left it before my resignation through ill health, if not a very watered down version.

There was considerably more to do in the last 10 months before the Mega than in the preceding 13 months. We are happy to be judged on the Mega package that we put together.

It seems that in the eyes of the outgoing committee having a serious illness and being told to prepare for the worse is a crime punishable by silence and paranoia and to this day not one member has given a reason for this deplorable behaviour.

As Vice-chairman, I spoke to Lilian the day after their abrupt resignation. I was sympathetic and, in the circumstances clearly apparent at the time, agreed that resignation was the wisest course. This was confirmed in a friendly and sympathetic email immediately afterwards. The response to this referred to an attitude of complete contempt towards them and stated that they had nothing further to discuss with us and that there would be no further business between them and the committee.

Without so much as a by your leave or a simple note we got expelled from the Mega forum and it was left to moderator to inform us of this, just one more example of this immature attitude.

The forum in question was the private committee forum, which was about to discuss things like the manner of Lilian and Tony's resignation, which had not gone down well, and the immediate reaction. The request to remove them from this forum, made after the email accepting their resignations, was correct professional practice. The action was in the interests of both the committee and them. The action of the moderator in these circumstances is questionable.

I have no problems with what anyone says about me but I love my wife very, very much and feel that she should get the recognition she deserves from cachers, without the twisted and bitter overtones that have be cast upon her. Some will now say that this is “sour grapes” or ignore the truth. Even yesterday certain committee members had told some visitors when asked about their favourite event over the weekend got told “oh Sand and Sarnies, we don’t talk about them” this is the childish ignorant way people behave. Well the Mega is now over and the gloves are off so let’s get down to the truth!!

No comment

After a good night sleep and some thought about what I want to achieve with this post I have come to these conclusions. I do not wish this post to degenerate into a personal attack on anyone or for it to cause division amongst cachers. For the best part the committee have put in hard work into the Mega and for that I appreciate and have told some of them personally in emails and to their faces.

I will however save the committee some anguish and time, stating that all I really want is for the Chairman to acknowledge publically the significant work Lilian put in to the Mega until my illness became the major priority in our lives and I resigned. Nothing else, then this whole business can finish and we can get on with our lives.

On 20/10/10, after the committee had had an emergency meeting and agreed its re-structuring, a press release was prepared and a copy sent to Lilian and Tony to check that they were happy with it. The release included the following:

“The MEGA Committee has recently restructured following the resignation of the Chairman, Tony Maund and his wife Lilian. The Committee would like to thank Lilian and Tony for their hard work over the past year in helping to get us to where we are now. Their contributions at Committee will be missed.”

Tony's reply, within an hour, included the following:

“... we both find this hypocritical and would prefer as already stated not to mention us in any way, shape or form after the way our resignation and consequential silence following the event we do not wish to be used as a damage limitation exercise for your incompetence. We have decided to make no further comments in any public forum but if this is published, and our wishes ignored, then as a right to reply we will need to set the record straight in the public domain.”

This explains the absence of a public acknowledgement from me or any other committee member.

In my closing speech at the Mega Event, I went as far as I could within this constraint. I made it clear that my thanks went to everyone who had served on the committee and noted that some of these had made a very significant contribution. The majority of people in the Hall would not have any appreciation of what this really meant, but I am sure that anyone who has been closer to events over the past 10 months would understand who in particular this referred to. I would also note that I have not singled out any member of the committee for public thanks, as I feel that this could be divisive to the team spirit which has prevailed throughout my tenure as chairman. I hope, however, that I have not been remiss in showing appreciation personally and directly whenever and wherever appropriate.

Gordon

Chairman

Mega Wales Committee

Can I now aske the moderator to lock this post. The last post has been reported to Groundspeak for quoting personal Emails and private information wich is against Groundspeak rules.

A simple yes or no would have done but this is what We have had to put up with for 10 month.

Glad this is now over and I would like to thank everyone for thier wonderful support and comments

Regards

Anthony

Can I now aske the moderator to lock this post. The last post has been reported to Groundspeak for quoting personal Emails and private information wich is against Groundspeak rules.

A simple yes or no would have done but this is what We have had to put up with for 10 month.

Glad this is now over and I would like to thank everyone for thier wonderful support and comments

Regards

Anthony

TBH I don't know the ins and outs of all this, and having met those involved know that you're all nice people.

I have no desire to be involved in he said she said, but reading the thread, feel rather sad that you posted with the intention of getting a response, that you got, and now you are complaining because the committee justified themselves :blink:

I think it is time for everyone to take a deep breath and move on ...

I attended the Mega event, it was an enjoyable experience, I'm sure lots of peole put in a great deal of work, and I thank you all.

Th event has been and gone, last weekends big news, this weekends memories ... And fond ones they are.

I just want to state that I am not complaining regarding the reply but the use of quoting personal emails this has nothing to do with the inaccurate reply that has taken three days to manufacture. If I was to answer every point, and I can, it would have to drag up committee meetings and ask the people concerned, but then like us I'm sure people would get bored as they probably have already and moved on. I have complained because someone has broken the rules and if it were the other way round I'm sure I would be reported. I would have expected people to stop posting on this after asking for it to be locked. I have stated my case and the committee have replied, well I am making the assumption that it has been agreed by the whole committee. Due to the overwhelming support both on here privately and in the forums, one person’s words have stood out and I quote “When all the people that matter know the truth then why are you seeking recognition from a bunch of fools” this rings very true so I’m sorry whilst waiting for the reply I lost interest and have moved on. Unless the committee want me to answer their post that is.

Kind Regards

Tony

P.S.

I'm adding this for all the people who are out there thinking Ohh is he scarred of the reply hes received. Well the answer is no if you would like my reply to this then email me or send me a private message and I will give a full response to you personally. I just don't want to give this anymore airtime.

Edited by mollyjak

If Lilian and Tony had remained on Mega Wales we would have been there without a doubt, I honestly beleive there would have been no Mega Wales if it had not been for MollyJak the same as I bebelive there would have been no Mega Scotland if it had not been for Haggis Hunter..

All who were made to "resign" due to whatever reasons

Thank you for your recognition Mandy it is really appreciated.

I would just like it to be public knowledge that ALL members of the committee who were members when I resigned and still members when the Mega took place, all individually thanked me for starting it off and all more or less said the same as yourself.

After the reasons on why I had to resign, their gratitude on the day was greatly appreciated. Thanks guys you all know who you are. :)

Regards

Anthony

You start a thread making accusations, state that the gloves are off, and pretty much dare them to respond. Then you get upset when they do? Seems to me the only way to properly respond to your challenge was to include the email. Otherwise it is just he said, she said.

You really should have asked for it to be locked from the start and the mod really should have done so when first responding.

But if you really want it locked, make the request by reporting a post. I'm pretty sure the mods would be more than happy to put this puppy to rest.

Due to the overwhelming support both on here privately and in the forums, one person’s words have stood out and I quote “When all the people that matter know the truth then why are you seeking recognition from a bunch of fools” this rings very true so I’m sorry whilst waiting for the reply I lost interest and have moved on.

I hope that wasn't a private email you are posting. And do you realize it is against the forum rules to call people "a bunch of fools"? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

there was me thinking it was all about finding tupperware and having fun..

I completely agree.

Despite not attending the Mega, I have still been following this thread with interest.

After the posting from Write and Mane, I think I'm more clued up now, I was totally confused before. :unsure: Its a great shame that unpleasantness has arisen in some quarters but I'm pleased to read that most people enjoyed themselves :D .