The Travel Bug you requested does not exist in the system.

Luvthehunt

I wish this had been the case however it isn't. I'm stuck as to what to do now. I haven't got a clue who even left it in the cache I picked it up in. Maybe I need to wait a few days and see if they just haven't had time to log their visit?

Edited by Luvthehunt

You need to contact geocaching.com. The following is on the FAQ page of geocaching.com regarding travel bug tracking no.s.

"The Tracking Number doesn't work!

Is the tracking number you used the one that was stamped on the dog tag or geocoin?

Often, the travel bug reference number (aka "TB number") is confused with the tracking number. The "TB Number" is the reference code on each travel bug's page, which is the "safe" number to help users reference each travel bug without giving out the bug's actual tracking number. This will not work when picking up and grabbing Travel Bugs.

If you send a request to contact@geocaching.com for the tracking number and receive an automated response, the tracking number for the email message is not the Bug's tracking number."