A Virtual Cache

Lumbo-Tire

I have planned on a virtual cache, that points out a local school's time capsule. Because of the area, a regular cache isn't feasible right now. I am also planning on using this point as the start point to another future cache. I am told I should ask others opinion on this before it is allowed to be used as such.

Therefore,

I agree with Renegade Knight, just any capsule isn't that interesting.

quote:
Virtual Cache Posting Guidelines:

A virtual cache must be novel, of interest to other players, and have a special historic, community or geocaching quality that sets it apart from everyday subjects. Items that would be in a coffee table book are good examples. A flagpole, manhole cover, tree, etc., are poor examples...

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

What makes geocaching different from just looking for a waypoint, is that it should involve a journey and a hunt. If the destination would be an interesting visit, and a cache absolutely could not be hidden near by, make a bit of a game out of it.

I just made a virtual cache in a famous "Hollywood" cemetery. Needless to say, hiding a physical cache there would be in bad taste -- and it's private property -- so it had to be a virtual. Take a look at it, and maybe it will provide some help in making your possible cache a good one.

Eternal Fame - Forest Lawn Glendale (Tour)

Happy hunting,

Tom

I've found a few virts that were just time capsules. I liked them because I had no idea there were that many around here, and I just like time capsules (I've said before, time capsules are just four-dimensional geocaches). But, using it as a starting point for a traditional multi would be better.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

WOW...FTF. Found cache buried under a concrete slab with a bronze plaque. Contained a lot of old stuff. No log book or pencil. Took yellowed photograph and left McToy. Had trouble rehiding it as well as I found it. Could the next finder bring some readymix?

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."