Suspicious Muggles

Normally this only needs to be done once a week at most, but people read things in manuals and get carried away.

I find my 60CS needs it a tad more than that - if I've been on the highway and stop for a cache, I find I routinely need to do the GPS circle dance before the compass works right. After that its OK for a while. It may be that it gets out of whack when its been turned off for a while, or its using the GPS signal for compass.

Oh, I'm not talking about adequate permission issues. I'm sure Texas Charles owns the property and cache. I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm just saying that as a cacher its creepy to wander on someones front lawn and start hunting for a cache. I don't want to meet anybody when I'm in the position of rooting through their shrubs.

It's a personal thing. I'm not saying its not legal or should be banned. I'm just saying its creepy and I would never look for one.

Sorry for the hijack. I shouldn't have said anything...

Then why should the CO archive the cache just because you don't like it? :unsure:

I was thinking the same thing. If you don't like it then just don't do it.

1327874181[/url]' post='4959487']

I guess I am a suspicious muggle. I have a cache hidden in my front yard. I state on the cache page that it is my property and cachers have my permission to search. I also ask if they see me out to stop and say Hello. Most cachers hunting it act odd and try not to be seen. I have started to walk toward a couple of groups and had them depart quickly. Only one has ever walked over to me to say hello when I was outside. If the cache page lets you know cachers are expected to show up once in a while either wave at anyone around or just say Hello to them.

Charles

Please archive your yard cache.

There is nothing more creepy than a cache in someone's front yard. I'll not even consider doing it and sort of get ticked off when I get to GZ and realise what it is.

There is a reason people run away when they see you, despite the cache page welcoming them. They don't know you, they don't know the cache page is legit, and they don't know your not some perv trying to lure people to his house to then throw in a well 'Silence of the Lambs' style.

Yard caches......gives me shudders just thinking about them.

Agreed +1